Nobody knows the Answer!!! :-(

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Neshat, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Neshat

    Neshat Guest

    Hi all,

    I've got a question, that seems nobody knows the answer.

    Assume an AS5300 Access Server with two ISDN PRI Links connected to
    it. Then 60 dial up users can connect to the AS5300 through the ISDN
    PRI link simultanously ( maximum ). Also consider that the AS5300 has
    got 8 E1 PRI Ports and two Digital modem module, it means totally 240
    Mica digital modems.

    Then there are two E1 Controllers (Controller E1 0 and Controller E1 1
    )and two virtual serial interface ( ser 0:15 and Ser 1:15 ) set.

    There is one group-asynch defined with the line:

    Group-range 1-240

    that means dial up users will use one of the digital modmes ( from 1
    to 240 ) randomly.

    But how can I restrict the users not to be able to use all the modems.
    for example assume that I want all users that use E1 0 to connect to
    the Cisco should use modmes 1-120 and all other users that are
    connected through E1 1 should use modems 121-240, or something like
    it.

    I need this feature because I want change the modem configurations
    only for the users that connect to a specific E1 PRI line.

    Your complete responses with detailed information would be appreciated
    indeed.

    Best Wishes
    Neshat
    BSc, CCNP, CCNA, Network+

    Neshat, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Neshat

    CiscoTech Guest

    I would contact TAC

    CiscoTech, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Neshat

    CISCORUBS Guest

    I am pretty sure this can be done. Check out the latest BCRAN book.

    CISCORUBS, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Assuming that the switch is delivering DNIS to you on your
    PRIs, then use the modem pooling feature or local RPM to
    set this up - have the calls into the first PRI's DNIS
    use one set of modems and calls to the second DNIS use the
    remainder.

    Modem pooling:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/pri_dnis_mpool.html
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/5200fg.htm