Nobody is going to talk about 330/340???

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Ernesto, May 4, 2004.

  1. Ernesto

    Ernesto Guest

    Hi

    Well, today i take the 330, is very hard exam, in was in
    the beta of 305/310 and in both og then i had 10/15
    minutes left when i finished the exams, in this exam the
    time was just enough in the first 30 questions i feel that
    i was doing good time, but in the 55/60 i feel pressured,
    but fortunatly i could do my review of my marked questions

    I used the "Writing Secure Code" and another sources from
    MSDN.

    I don't want to break my NDA but this is my advice: Be
    sure to really understand Code Access, this is a really
    new topic introduced by .NET (a powerful one) and you
    can't skip it.

    C'mon !!! Please tell us about your experiences with the
    exam!!!

    Ernesto
    Ernesto, May 4, 2004

  2. Hello,
    I took the 330 beta and I felt that it was a very well targeted exam and
    will serve as a good alternative on the current list of elective exams.

    It was a long exam, many questions had lengthy code samples to read.

    "Writing Secure Code" is an excellent book that all developers should be
    familiar with, however much of that material is targeted to COM/C++
    programmers and does not apply to working in a managed environment.

    All in all, I feel pretty confident about my results on the beta because it
    tests core concepts that most developers are likely to encounter. One
    problem are would be for developers who were limited to knowledge about
    Windows vs. ASP.NET security concerns, because it seems those are covered
    about equally.

    HTH,

    Pam Fanstill

    Pamela Fanstill, May 5, 2004

  3. Ernesto

    Ernesto Guest

    Hi

    >It was a long exam, many questions had lengthy code

    samples to read.
    Yes, and some declarations are very confusing, so you have
    to re-read in order to avoid choose the wrong one.

    >"Writing Secure Code" is an excellent book that all

    developers should be
    >familiar with, however much of that material is targeted

    to COM/C++
    >programmers and does not apply to working in a managed

    environment.
    I had the same problem, i read the theoric concepts of the
    chapters but skipped the code samples, and IMHO i believe
    that the author failed completly ommiting samples about
    COM using VB6, since most of the COM developers use VB NO
    C/C++!!!! I hope that in a next edition of the book Howard
    includes more .NET samples, included buffer overrun,
    because that chapter was completly devoted to C/C++!!!!

    > One
    >problem are would be for developers who were limited to

    knowledge about
    >Windows vs. ASP.NET security concerns, because it seems

    those are covered
    >about equally.

    But since in the MCAD/MCSD track you're commited to test
    both Windows and ASP.NET i supossed that this wouldn't be
    a problem...

    I'm not completly sure about pass, but i feel that i did
    better than i expected.

    Suerte!!
    Ernesto
    Ernesto, May 5, 2004
  4. I took the exam on 05/01/04 and it was just great. I was surprised upon the quality of the questions in the exam

    The Promertric Center support staff had to restart the test three times (including one system reboot), before I could complete the test. I am glad that the software's 'Resume' support works and helped me to continue where I was before the problem had occured. I am not sure about how many people had to surprise seeing a 'Abort Retry and Ignore' assertion in these testing evironments

    This exam covers more programming details that many C# developers aren't familiar. If you are a C++ guy like me, this shouldn't be a problem

    The May/June 2004 CoDe Magazine and Microsoft Security Summit had really helped me to get to the bottom of this exam

    Overall, I am glad to have taken this test and looking forward to the results

    - CBVenkat.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q0JWZW5rYXQ=?=, May 10, 2004
  5. >The Promertric Center support staff had to restart the test three times (including one system reboot), before I could complete the test. I am glad that the software's 'Resume' support works and helped me to continue where I was before the problem had occured. I am not sure about how many people had to surprise seeing a 'Abort Retry and Ignore' assertion in these testing evironments.

    oh dear!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 11, 2004