Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Oct 9, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules and traditions by
    naming this year's recipient. The rules state clear that nominations must
    be turned in no later than February. Less than a month after Obama took the
    oath.

    Only twice before has an active US President won the coveted prize.
    Teddy Roosevelt in 1906 and Woodrow Wilson in 1916.
    Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002.

    In all, 172 nominees were considered. The largest list ever.
    I'd say the only reason President Obama was selected, unamiously, purely
    for political reasons.
    Obama has single handedly wrecked the economy of the world's leading
    industrial nation. Handing out huge bailouts of taxpayers dollars without
    considering the aftermath.

    Obama wants to force Americans to take HIS health care and even make
    illegal aliens eligible for it. Yet, the Nobel people don't see that.

    The only thing Obama has done, is yack.

    I say the committee should sober up and renounce the prize.

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/09/nobel.peace.prize/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

    richard, Oct 9, 2009

  2. richard <> deflatulated this with

    > The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules
    > and traditions by naming this year's recipient. The
    > rules state clear that nominations must be turned in
    > no later than February. Less than a month after Obama
    > took the oath.
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/09/nobel.peace.prize/index.html?e
    > ref=igoogle_cnn

    Hooray!

    The élitist eurotrash *had* to throw something our
    way since they wouldn't give us the Olympics. They
    DO NOT want Bush getting re-elected, after a
    Constitutional Amendment, and then we go to bombing
    the shitfire out them for the hidden WMDs...

    Also, now my 'Insurrectionist Negro' Halloween mask
    is prolly gonna be worth sumthing someday!

    I bought the First Lady's too, just for an
    investment... or if I ever get a girlfriend
    who wants to become a member of ACORN - fassst.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 9, 2009

  3. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos comingto dinner?

    richard wrote:
    > The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules and traditions by
    > naming this year's recipient. The rules state clear that nominations must
    > be turned in no later than February. Less than a month after Obama took the
    > oath.

    Pssst. Idiot boy. The prize didn't just go to the
    President of the United States. It went to Barack
    Obama.

    Please explain to the group which rules and what
    traditions they broke? And not what you think you
    know, real provable facts. A link to a web site
    maybe? Something quoted with its source perhaps?

    You know, something like this...

    http://nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=1174

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Oct 9, 2009
  4. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

    In news: Tony <>
    wrote:

    Oh well.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 9, 2009
  5. In message <Xns9C9F6D5A9D16ABuckyGram@207.246.207.158>, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > richard <> deflatulated this with
    >
    > > The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules
    > > and traditions by naming this year's recipient. The
    > > rules state clear that nominations must be turned in
    > > no later than February. Less than a month after Obama
    > > took the oath.
    > >
    > > [...]
    > >
    > > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/09/nobel.peace.prize/index.html?e
    > > ref=igoogle_cnn

    > Hooray!
    >
    > The élitist eurotrash *had* to throw something our
    > way since they wouldn't give us the Olympics. They
    > DO NOT want Bush getting re-elected, after a
    > Constitutional Amendment, and then we go to bombing
    > the shitfire out them for the hidden WMDs...
    >
    > Also, now my 'Insurrectionist Negro' Halloween mask
    > is prolly gonna be worth sumthing someday!
    >
    > I bought the First Lady's too, just for an
    > investment... or if I ever get a girlfriend
    > who wants to become a member of ACORN - fassst.

    Oh look: a k00k reacharound.
    You two really ought to get together since you're both
    blatant racists.

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 9, 2009
  6. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

    Bert Hyman <> wrote in

    > In news: Tony <>
    > wrote:

    > Oh well.

    Hardly an indication of the server. It allows anonymous posting. However
    it also puts definite restrictions on it's posters. The use of aioe is
    more an indication of a poster not wanting to use or being aware of
    other free NNTP servers that only require an email to use.

    Not in this case however.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 9, 2009
  7. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    Re: Nobel Peace Prize committee names winner....guess whos coming to dinner?

    In news:Xns9C9FBC25EAF1chucknilcar@127.0.0.1 chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    > Bert Hyman <> wrote in
    >
    >> In news: Tony
    >> <> wrote:

    >> Oh well.
    >>

    > Hardly an indication of the server.

    It does seem to have more than its share of bozos among its users.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 10, 2009
  8. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    > In news:Xns9C9FBC25EAF1chucknilcar@127.0.0.1 chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Bert Hyman <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> In news: Tony
    >>> <> wrote:

    >>> Oh well.
    >>>

    >> Hardly an indication of the server.

    > It does seem to have more than its share of bozos among its users.

    Small compared to dizim and the anonymous remailers. Check out the
    restrictions aioe has: limited groups, limited number of postings per day,
    crossposting. There's more.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 10, 2009
  9. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:hao3hm$gku$-september.org Jordon
    <> wrote:

    > Please explain to the group which rules and what
    > traditions they broke?

    The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the preceding year,
    shall have conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."

    http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundation/statutes.html#par1

    Note: preceding year.

    The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded based on acts
    performed during 2008.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 10, 2009
  10. Bert Hyman <> deflatulated this with

    > In news:hao3hm$gku$-september.org Jordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please explain to the group which rules and what
    >> traditions they broke?

    > The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the
    > preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit
    > to mankind."
    >
    > http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundation/statutes.html#par1
    >
    > Note: preceding year.
    >
    > The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded
    > based on acts performed during 2008.

    Yeah! All those erudite scholars and intellectuals
    just don't know WTF they're talking about! And
    they certainly are not as smart as Rush Limberger
    and the Fox News bunch! How'd they get their jobs
    anyhow? Evidently they didn't see all the uproar
    about the fradulent birth certificate. Or maybe
    they just figgured that was a "peace of work" worth
    the awards show? Who knows? Maybe now Michelle Obama
    will get crowned Miss Universe. Donald Trump might
    be in on the conspiracy... (to be continued...)

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY';
    furthermore, I wonder if I bomb the Moon, can I
    get me one of those Nobel Pizza Prizes?

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 10, 2009
  11. In news:Xns9CA06AC9720A3VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    > In news:hao3hm$gku$-september.org Jordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please explain to the group which rules and what
    >> traditions they broke?

    > The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the preceding year,
    > shall have conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."
    >
    > http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundation/statutes.html#par1
    >
    > Note: preceding year.
    >
    > The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded based on acts
    > performed during 2008.

    Apparently you weren't paying any attention to Obama's campaign.

    The Nobel Prize is not given to the Office of the President; it is given to
    a man (or a woman) for individual effort, and in the time preceding his
    election, Obama made a real effort to reach out to other nations.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

    The right to be heard does not automatically include
    the right to be taken seriously. Hubert H. Humphrey

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Oct 11, 2009
  12. In news:1g91qgq9uoeor$.6yle9a44spjo$,
    richard <> wrote:
    > The Nobel Peace Prize committee broke their own rules and traditions
    > by naming this year's recipient. The rules state clear that
    > nominations must be turned in no later than February. Less than a
    > month after Obama took the oath.
    >
    > Only twice before has an active US President won the coveted prize.
    > Teddy Roosevelt in 1906 and Woodrow Wilson in 1916.
    > Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002.
    >
    > In all, 172 nominees were considered. The largest list ever.
    > I'd say the only reason President Obama was selected, unamiously,
    > purely for political reasons.
    > Obama has single handedly wrecked the economy of the world's leading
    > industrial nation. Handing out huge bailouts of taxpayers dollars
    > without considering the aftermath.
    >
    > Obama wants to force Americans to take HIS health care and even make
    > illegal aliens eligible for it. Yet, the Nobel people don't see that.
    >
    > The only thing Obama has done, is yack.
    >
    > I say the committee should sober up and renounce the prize.
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/09/nobel.peace.prize/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

    I say you are a racist fucktard, as evidenced by your choice of subject
    line.

    Nonetheless, the Nobel committee has spoken. Deal with it.

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Oct 11, 2009
  13. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries"
    <> wrote:

    > In news:Xns9CA06AC9720A3VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    > Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    >> In news:hao3hm$gku$-september.org Jordon
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please explain to the group which rules and what
    >>> traditions they broke?

    >> The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the preceding
    >> year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."
    >>
    >> http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundation/statutes.html#par1
    >>
    >> Note: preceding year.
    >>
    >> The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded based on acts
    >> performed during 2008.

    > Apparently you weren't paying any attention to Obama's campaign.

    Oh believe me, I was.

    > The Nobel Prize is not given to the Office of the President;

    That's true.

    > it is given to a man (or a woman) for individual effort,

    That's false.

    It's given "to those who, during the preceding year, shall have
    conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."

    It's an award for acts, not words.

    > and in the time preceding his election, Obama made a real effort to
    > reach > out to other nations.

    An "effort to reach out", while laudable, is not grounds for the prize.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 11, 2009
  14. In news:Xns9CA15A7BFA9D9VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    > In news: "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:Xns9CA06AC9720A3VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    >> Bert Hyman <> wrote:

    >>> The prizes are to be awarded "to those who, during the preceding
    >>> year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."
    >>>
    >>> http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundation/statutes.html#par1
    >>>
    >>> Note: preceding year.
    >>>
    >>> The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 should have been awarded based on acts
    >>> performed during 2008.

    >> Apparently you weren't paying any attention to Obama's campaign.

    > Oh believe me, I was.
    >>
    >> The Nobel Prize is not given to the Office of the President;

    > That's true.
    >
    >> it is given to a man (or a woman) for individual effort,

    > That's false.

    It's not false in context, and given the history of the prize, it's not
    false as a stand-alone statement. Consider some facts set forth here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJuEOaF84o

    > It's given "to those who, during the preceding year, shall have
    > conferred the greatest benefit to mankind."
    >
    > It's an award for acts, not words.

    And yet...

    >> and in the time preceding his election, Obama made a real effort to
    >> reach > out to other nations.

    > An "effort to reach out", while laudable, is not grounds for the
    > prize.

    Apparently the committee does not agree with you. <snicker>

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Oct 11, 2009
  15. richard

    <> wrote:

    > In news:Xns9CA15A7BFA9D9VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    > Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    >>
    >> An "effort to reach out", while laudable, is not grounds for the
    >> prize.

    > Apparently the committee does not agree with you. <snicker>

    Which is why the prize is now worthless, since it's now meaningless.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 12, 2009
  16. In news:Xns9CA254B83CBB6VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    > In news: "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:Xns9CA15A7BFA9D9VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    >> Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> An "effort to reach out", while laudable, is not grounds for the
    >>> prize.

    >> Apparently the committee does not agree with you. <snicker>

    > Which is why the prize is now worthless, since it's now meaningless.

    I believe the prize is still worth over a million dollars. Moreover, you
    have obviously failed to research the history of the prize (or even to watch
    the video I posted), because Obama is not the first person to receive the it
    prospectively.

    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Oct 12, 2009
  17. richard

    <> wrote:

    > In news:Xns9CA254B83CBB6VeebleFetzer@216.250.184.7,
    > Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    >> In news: "Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Apparently the committee does not agree with you. <snicker>

    >> Which is why the prize is now worthless, since it's now meaningless.

    > I believe the prize is still worth over a million dollars.

    That's funny!

    > Moreover, you have obviously failed to research the history of the
    > prize (or even to watch the video I posted), because Obama is not the
    > first person to receive the it prospectively.

    You confirm my premise.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 12, 2009