    Thursday. The key points, a video and links to scientific reports by 69
    scientists from eight countries are available from NOAA online.

    http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20101021_arcticreportcard.html

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 23, 2010

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/23/2010 9:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    > melting the north pole also:
    >
    > New observations this year about snow, ice and temperatures support the
    > conclusion that the Arctic is unlikely to return to the conditions known
    > in the 20th century — and that's likely to affect the weather in the
    > lower 48 United States.
    >
    > That was this year's key message in the annual update of the National
    > Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Arctic report card, released
    > Thursday. The key points, a video and links to scientific reports by 69
    > scientists from eight countries are available from NOAA online.
    >
    > http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20101021_arcticreportcard.html

    I hope that there is Internet Service in Hell so you can still post here
    when it's all over with.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Oct 23, 2010

  3. §ñühw¤£f

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:48:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    > melting the north pole also:

    Teh Sky is Falling!

    Meat Plow, Oct 23, 2010
  4. §ñühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > On 10/23/2010 9:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    >> melting the north pole also:
    >>
    >> New observations this year about snow, ice and temperatures support
    >> the conclusion that the Arctic is unlikely to return to the
    >> conditions known in the 20th century — and that's likely to affect
    >> the weather in the lower 48 United States.
    >>
    >> That was this year's key message in the annual update of the National
    >> Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Arctic report card, released
    >> Thursday. The key points, a video and links to scientific reports by
    >> 69 scientists from eight countries are available from NOAA online.
    >>
    >> http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20101021_arcticreportcard.htm
    >>

    > I hope that there is Internet Service in Hell so you can still post
    > here when it's all over with.

    The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest point
    that it has ever been in recorded history. Hell just this last month
    some idiot in a Kodiak boat crossed the north west passage. Something
    that 30 years ago was impossible most years in *any* boat. Even
    icebreakers.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 23, 2010
  5. §ñühw¤£f

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:48:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    > melting the north pole also:

    <http://open.salon.com/blog/suresh_emre/2010/08/08/rapid_climate_change_115_thousand_years_ago>

    Some seem to think that, despite all the global warming now going on, there
    is still the possibility of another "Ice Age".

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    NormanM, Oct 23, 2010
  6. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/23/2010 1:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> On 10/23/2010 9:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    >>> melting the north pole also:
    >>>
    >>> New observations this year about snow, ice and temperatures support
    >>> the conclusion that the Arctic is unlikely to return to the
    >>> conditions known in the 20th century — and that's likely to affect
    >>> the weather in the lower 48 United States.
    >>>
    >>> That was this year's key message in the annual update of the National
    >>> Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Arctic report card, released
    >>> Thursday. The key points, a video and links to scientific reports by
    >>> 69 scientists from eight countries are available from NOAA online.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20101021_arcticreportcard.htm
    >>>

    >> I hope that there is Internet Service in Hell so you can still post
    >> here when it's all over with.
    >>

    > The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest point
    > that it has ever been in recorded history. Hell just this last month
    > some idiot in a Kodiak boat crossed the north west passage. Something
    > that 30 years ago was impossible most years in *any* boat. Even
    > icebreakers.

    That Ice has been melting for the past 20,000 some years, and like any
    other ice the smaller it gets the faster it melts. <g>

    OldGringo38, Oct 23, 2010
  7. §ñühw¤£f

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-10-23, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 10/23/2010 9:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    >>> melting the north pole also:
    >>>
    >>> New observations this year about snow, ice and temperatures support
    >>> the conclusion that the Arctic is unlikely to return to the
    >>> conditions known in the 20th century — and that's likely to affect
    >>> the weather in the lower 48 United States.
    >>>
    >>> That was this year's key message in the annual update of the National
    >>> Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Arctic report card, released
    >>> Thursday. The key points, a video and links to scientific reports by
    >>> 69 scientists from eight countries are available from NOAA online.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20101021_arcticreportcard.htm
    >>>

    >> I hope that there is Internet Service in Hell so you can still post
    >> here when it's all over with.
    >>

    > The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest point
    > that it has ever been in recorded history.

    'Recorded history' in this instance going all the way back to the first
    satellite photos of the region in 1978. That's just a blink of an eye in
    terms of 'climate change'.

    As it happens, within that tiny record, 2007 was the year with least
    summer ice in the Arctic.

    <http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/>

    > Hell just this last month
    > some idiot in a Kodiak boat crossed the north west passage. Something
    > that 30 years ago was impossible most years in *any* boat. Even
    > icebreakers.

    The first reliably recorded successful trip through the 'North West
    Passage' was Amundsen's in 1906.

    <http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/features/northwpass/franklin.html>

    But the Vikings (of course!) probably found their way from the east to
    Ellesmere Island at the northern end of Baffin Bay. Wikipedia says that
    Juan de Fuca claimed to have sailed from the Pacific to the Atlantic and
    back in 1592, and Bartholomew de Fonte claimed to have sailed from the
    Atlantic to the Pacific in 1640. If those claims are true, then an open
    North West Passage isn't such a new thing.

    An RCMP schooner made the passage from Pacific to Atlantic in 1940, after
    over-wintering and taking a total of 28 months; in 1944 the return trip
    took only 86 days. The journey has become almost commonplace since then.

    <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w/index.php?title=Northwest_Passage&oldid=392419913>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 23, 2010
  8. §ñühw¤£f

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-10-23, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >> OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On 10/23/2010 9:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:

    >>> I hope that there is Internet Service in Hell so you can still post
    >>> here when it's all over with.
    >>>

    >> The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest point
    >> that it has ever been in recorded history.

    > 'Recorded history' in this instance going all the way back to the first
    > satellite photos of the region in 1978. That's just a blink of an eye in
    > terms of 'climate change'.
    >
    > As it happens, within that tiny record, 2007 was the year with least
    > summer ice in the Arctic.
    >
    > <http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/>

    Hey stop trying to bring reality into the thread!
    http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home/seaice_extent.htm

    Ferd Berfle, Oct 23, 2010
  9. §ñühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > On 10/23/2010 1:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>

    >> The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest
    >> point that it has ever been in recorded history. Hell just this last
    >> month some idiot in a Kodiak boat crossed the north west passage.
    >> Something that 30 years ago was impossible most years in *any* boat.
    >> Even icebreakers.
    >>

    > That Ice has been melting for the past 20,000 some years, and like any
    > other ice the smaller it gets the faster it melts. <g>

    Well, if you're going to talk about ice ages, and time spans along those
    lines, watch the film by the man who used to be the last president of
    the US. He explains it perfectly right at the beginning. You don't even
    have to watch the whole thing.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 24, 2010
  10. §ñühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    Whiskers <> wrote in

    > On 2010-10-23, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >> OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> I hope that there is Internet Service in Hell so you can still post
    >>> here when it's all over with.
    >>>

    >> The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest
    >> point that it has ever been in recorded history.

    > 'Recorded history' in this instance going all the way back to the
    > first satellite photos of the region in 1978. That's just a blink of
    > an eye in terms of 'climate change'.

    No, it goes back to the Franklin Expedition and the repeated attempts to
    find it, And as for satellite pictures of the north, 1978 is off by at
    least 10 years.

    > As it happens, within that tiny record, 2007 was the year with least
    > summer ice in the Arctic.
    >
    > <http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/>
    >
    >> Hell just this last month
    >> some idiot in a Kodiak boat crossed the north west passage. Something
    >> that 30 years ago was impossible most years in *any* boat. Even
    >> icebreakers.

    > The first reliably recorded successful trip through the 'North West
    > Passage' was Amundsen's in 1906.
    >
    > <http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/features/northwpass/franklin.html>

    I never said it was impossible, just extremely dangerous. Until this
    decade.

    > But the Vikings (of course!) probably found their way from the east to
    > Ellesmere Island at the northern end of Baffin Bay. Wikipedia says
    > that Juan de Fuca claimed to have sailed from the Pacific to the
    > Atlantic and back in 1592, and Bartholomew de Fonte claimed to have
    > sailed from the Atlantic to the Pacific in 1640. If those claims are
    > true, then an open North West Passage isn't such a new thing.

    Yeah, right. Wooden boats that would be cut to pieces by the ice. Not
    a chance. Even Franklin had his steel clad.

    > An RCMP schooner made the passage from Pacific to Atlantic in 1940,
    > after over-wintering and taking a total of 28 months; in 1944 the
    > return trip took only 86 days. The journey has become almost
    > commonplace since then.

    It certainly has *not*. It's like trying to cross Greenland in the dead
    of winter by foot. Pure ice. The easiest route involved going through a
    "river" of ice coming straight from the pole. That's what got Franklin. The
    part from north of Sask. to Alaska is the easy part.

    Look at this map.

    http://tinyurl.com/2ut88zq

    See that island right in the center that looks sort of like an upside down
    arrow head? That's the trouble point. If you go north of it, you would run
    into pack ice - that is a solid impassible sheet. If you go down the east
    side you run into the ice flowing from the pole as you reach the 6:00 point
    or later coming from underneath. There *is* no more southerly route short
    of going by land, that land to the east of that island is one big penninsula.
    If you want to know more, Look up Pierre Burton. Now deceased, but a very good
    history writer. The only complaints historians have about him is that he
    makes it interesting.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 24, 2010
  11. §ñühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    NormanM <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:48:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    >> melting the north pole also:

    > <http://open.salon.com/blog/suresh_emre/2010/08/08/rapid_climate_change
    > _115_thousand_years_ago>
    >
    > Some seem to think that, despite all the global warming now going on,
    > there is still the possibility of another "Ice Age".

    Sure there is. In another 20,000 years. Nothing will change that. And we
    may even see it - if we have a place to live until then.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 24, 2010
  12. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/23/2010 7:33 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> On 10/23/2010 1:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>>

    >>> The fact of the matter is that the north pole ice is at the lowest
    >>> point that it has ever been in recorded history. Hell just this last
    >>> month some idiot in a Kodiak boat crossed the north west passage.
    >>> Something that 30 years ago was impossible most years in *any* boat.
    >>> Even icebreakers.
    >>>

    >> That Ice has been melting for the past 20,000 some years, and like any
    >> other ice the smaller it gets the faster it melts.<g>
    >>

    > Well, if you're going to talk about ice ages, and time spans along those
    > lines, watch the film by the man who used to be the last president of
    > the US. He explains it perfectly right at the beginning. You don't even
    > have to watch the whole thing.

    I keep forgetting you are in Canada, world famous for being just North
    of the United States. If you are referring to Al Gore, he was almost
    President, but did serve as Vice President under Bill Clinton. I didn't
    trust him then and trust him even less now. <g>

    OldGringo38, Oct 24, 2010
  13. §ñühw¤£f

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 00:33:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar wrote:

    > Sure there is. In another 20,000 years. Nothing will change that. And we
    > may even see it - if we have a place to live until then.

    I don't expect to be around for another 20,000 years, global warming, or no.
    ;)

    NormanM, Oct 24, 2010
  14. §ñühw¤£f

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > On 10/23/2010 7:33 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On 10/23/2010 1:40 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:

    >>> That Ice has been melting for the past 20,000 some years, and like
    >>> any other ice the smaller it gets the faster it melts.<g>
    >>>

    >> Well, if you're going to talk about ice ages, and time spans along
    >> those lines, watch the film by the man who used to be the last
    >> president of the US. He explains it perfectly right at the beginning.
    >> You don't even have to watch the whole thing.
    >>

    > I keep forgetting you are in Canada, world famous for being just North
    > of the United States. If you are referring to Al Gore, he was almost
    > President, but did serve as Vice President under Bill Clinton. I
    > didn't trust him then and trust him even less now. <g>

    The fact of the matter is that he *was* elected. He just didn't get
    there is all. As for trust, I won't comment on who actually served his
    term.

    I'm curious as to the reason for your lack of trust however. We certainly
    didn't get that vibe up here. Hell, I'm still wondering why Edwards was booted.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 24, 2010
  15. §ñühw¤£f

    Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:48:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > We're all gonna die, yippie. Oh, and we're heating up the planet and
    > melting the north pole also:

    Horseshit.

    Slurp some more of the Algore Koolaid, dimwit.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he launched a Maverick.

    Dan C, Oct 24, 2010
  16. §ñühw¤£f

    StevieO Guest

    Re: NOAA report card: epic fail for "§ñühw¤£f"

    Oh, go ride your dirt bike
    and help pollute the air and heat
    things up faster.

    Your a hypocrite and a dumbass.

    StevieO, Oct 24, 2010
  17. Re: NOAA report card: epic fail for "§ñühw¤£f"

    StevieO wrote:
    > O o i you i ie
    > --
    > a hypocrite and a dumbass.

    I like yer new sig.

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 24, 2010
  18. §ñühw¤£f

    StevieO Guest

    Re: NOAA report card: epic fail for "§ñühw¤£f"

    Give mommy back her computer
    because gramps needs you now, boy!

    StevieO, Oct 24, 2010
  19. §ñühw¤£f

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 02:45:28 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar wrote:

    > The fact of the matter is that he *was* elected. He just didn't get
    > there is all.

    Your proof?

    NormanM, Oct 24, 2010
  20. §ñühw¤£f

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/23/2010 9:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> On 10/23/2010 7:33 PM Just to please that super-ego, chuckcar wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> OldGringo38<> wrote in

    >>> Well, if you're going to talk about ice ages, and time spans along
    >>> those lines, watch the film by the man who used to be the last
    >>> president of the US. He explains it perfectly right at the beginning.
    >>> You don't even have to watch the whole thing.
    >>>

    >> I keep forgetting you are in Canada, world famous for being just North
    >> of the United States. If you are referring to Al Gore, he was almost
    >> President, but did serve as Vice President under Bill Clinton. I
    >> didn't trust him then and trust him even less now.<g>
    >>

    > The fact of the matter is that he *was* elected. He just didn't get
    > there is all. As for trust, I won't comment on who actually served his
    > term.
    >
    > I'm curious as to the reason for your lack of trust however. We certainly
    > didn't get that vibe up here. Hell, I'm still wondering why Edwards was booted.

    As far as trust, he reminds me of a crook. Edwards was a little boy low
    life.

    OldGringo38, Oct 24, 2010