No Xperia Play Handsets For NZ!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 18, 2011.

  1. Apparently the box that was posted to us never arrived.

    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/xperia-play-us-release-date-announced-shipment-to-new-zealand-stolen/48876>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 18, 2011

  2. In article <ir05al$49i$>, ldo@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand says...

    > Apparently the box that was posted to us never arrived.
    >
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/xperia-play-us-release-date-announced-shipment-to-new-zealand-stolen/48876>

    Apparently not.

    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/vodafone-claim-of-sony-
    playstation-phone-theft-a-hoax/story-e6frgakx-1226058113389
    Cilente Laguroto, May 18, 2011

  3. In message <ir05al$49i$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Apparently the box that was posted to us never arrived.
    >
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/xperia-play-us-release-date-announced-shipment-to-new-zealand-stolen/48876>

    Looks like Vodafone lied
    <http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/17/xperia-play-shipment-to-new-zealand-stolen-vodafone-launch-dela/>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 19, 2011

    In message <ir2q35$l42$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Looks like Vodafone lied
    > <http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/17/xperia-play-shipment-to-new-zealand-stolen-vodafone-launch-dela/>.

    Translation:

    Oh dear! Cilente Laguroto revealed this a day ago in this
    thread, back while I was still swallowing the “stolen†story.

    I will pretend that Cilente Laguroto's reply does not exist.
    I can never admit to myself that someone else could have known
    this while I was still being taken in.
    Lawrence D'Oublespeak, May 19, 2011