    want to be sure it's avalible.
    --
    Sam
    Sam Steinhauser, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Sam Steinhauser

    John Barnes Guest

    Instructions say uninstall RC1 if you have it.

    "Sam Steinhauser" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    John Barnes, Feb 22, 2008

  3. Build 18000 is the final. If you have that RC1 refresh you will not be
    offered anything by WU because you are already running the final. Run
    winver. If there is no RC on the service pack and no expiration date you
    need take no further action. The last refresh turned out to be the final.

    Vista x64 SP1 rtm was offered for a few hours yesterday and then closed
    again. There is no info on when it will be up again. Keep checking.

    btw, "x64" is insufficient in this ng. XP Pro x64, Server 2003 x64, Server
    2008 x64 and even Itanium x64 systems are supported here. It isn't just
    Vista, so keep that in mind.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 22, 2008
  4. I have 6001 until 6/30/08. I will have to wait if it's gone now.

    Thanks for the tip on X64. I thought Vista ng was just that, duh.
    --
    Sam

    Sam Steinhauser, Feb 23, 2008
  5. That's why this ng's name is simply "windows.64bit". It is listed as a
    Vista community in the links in Vista's Help and Support Center (along with
    four other newsgroups that are not Vista specific). The idea is that since
    there is no Vista specific ng for 64bit questions, this is the next best
    place.

    The word now is that there were a few hundred cases of the script file that
    is the first part of the download causing reboot problems. MS is fixing and
    will put SP1 x64 back up when the fix is done.

    "Sam Steinhauser" <> wrote in
    message news:D...

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 23, 2008