    Windows Zero Configuration does not see my wireless network. What could be the problem here--something I'm not doing correctly?

    Thanks for your help.

    Daddy

    Daddy, May 10, 2009

  2. Daddy

    Lem Guest

    Daddy wrote:
    > I have Windows XP Home SP 3. My wireless home network uses WPA2-AES encryption.
    >
    > The WLAN management utility supplied by the manufacturer of my wireless equipment (D-Link) has no trouble seeing my wireless network.
    >
    > Windows Zero Configuration does not see my wireless network. What could be the problem here--something I'm not doing correctly?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Daddy

    "Seeing" the network is not the same as successfully connecting to it.

    Please clarify: can you actually connect to your network using the
    D-Link utility to control the adapter?

    Is your router configured to broadcast your SSID? (If not, turn on SSID
    broadcast. "Hiding" your SSID does not increase your security.)

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, May 10, 2009

  3. Daddy

    Daddy Guest

    Broadcasting the SSID did the trick. Thanks very much.

    Daddy

    Daddy, May 10, 2009
  4. Daddy

    Lem Guest

    Daddy wrote:
    > Broadcasting the SSID did the trick. Thanks very much.
    >
    > Daddy
    >
    > "Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message news:%...
    >> Daddy wrote:
    >>> I have Windows XP Home SP 3. My wireless home network uses WPA2-AES encryption.
    >>>
    >>> The WLAN management utility supplied by the manufacturer of my wireless equipment (D-Link) has no trouble seeing my wireless network.
    >>>
    >>> Windows Zero Configuration does not see my wireless network. What could be the problem here--something I'm not doing correctly?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help.
    >>>
    >>> Daddy

    >> "Seeing" the network is not the same as successfully connecting to it.
    >>
    >> Please clarify: can you actually connect to your network using the
    >> D-Link utility to control the adapter?
    >>
    >> Is your router configured to broadcast your SSID? (If not, turn on SSID
    >> broadcast. "Hiding" your SSID does not increase your security.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lem -- MS-MVP
    >>
    >> To the moon and back with 2K words of RAM and 36K words of ROM.
    >> http://history.nasa.gov/afj/compessay.htm

    YW.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP