    on a IBM T40 and Zyxel equipment.

    TIA!!

    /Kasper
    Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Oh, and I just might add, that I can connect to my AP using other
    computers, so its not because of the AP!

    /Kasper
    Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen, Nov 27, 2004

  3. Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen

    Malke Guest

    Kasper Carøe Olsen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've applied SP2 to my Windows XP Pro. I can browse all accesspoints
    > in the area - but not connect to my accesspoint using WPA. It never
    > prompts for passkey. Also - when I try add the AP manually, I cant
    > choose WPA(-SK) - my only options are WEP or deactivate encryption.
    > Ive reapplied SP2 to be sure the installation wasnt faulty.
    >
    > What could be the problem - I've seen the absolutely same on a total
    > different setup (another pc and AP).
    >
    > This setup is a Dell Inspiron 4100 with a TrueMobile 1150 mini-pci
    > connecting to a Dlink 624+. But as mentioned - Ive seen this exactly
    > same on a IBM T40 and Zyxel equipment.
    >
    > TIA!!
    >
    > /Kasper

    Perhaps the hardware in your laptop doesn't support WPA. Only the most
    recent wireless cards do.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Nov 27, 2004
  4. On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:57:32 -0800, Malke wrote:

    > Perhaps the hardware in your laptop doesn't support WPA. Only the most
    > recent wireless cards do.

    yeah, well, actually it was Dell's driver that didn't support WPA. Fitted
    with a Agere driver, now it works without any problem. Shame on Dell for
    not updating drivers enough!

    br,
    /Kasper
    Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen, Nov 27, 2004
  5. Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen

    Malke Guest

    Kasper Carøe Olsen wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:57:32 -0800, Malke wrote:
    >
    >> Perhaps the hardware in your laptop doesn't support WPA. Only the
    >> most recent wireless cards do.

    > yeah, well, actually it was Dell's driver that didn't support WPA.
    > Fitted with a Agere driver, now it works without any problem. Shame on
    > Dell for not updating drivers enough!
    >
    > br,
    > /Kasper

    I'm glad you got it sorted. Thanks for posting the solution, and for
    letting us all know.

    Cheers,

    Malke
    Malke, Nov 27, 2004
  6. Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen

    Tanya Guest

    http://search.dell.com/results.aspx...=truemobile 1150 WPA&img=True&sum=True&qmp=10

    Tanya, Nov 28, 2004
  7. Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen, Nov 28, 2004
  8. Kasper =?iso-8859-1?Q?Car=F8e?= Olsen

    Tanya Guest

    Couple of things I found out about Dell is they don't put the update for
    network drivers for all the systems. Also they will sell you a wireless card
    even if the drivers aren't compatible for your system. They write the
    drivers for only certain systems so I have to edit the setup.ini to get the
    software to install.
    I have an Inspiron 8200 but check the Latitude C840 and Inspiron 8500 for my
    drivers. I didn't have to do any editing for the Truemobile 1500 but did for
    the Truemobile 1300.

    Tanya, Nov 29, 2004