    A few facts: The rotuer is loacted right next to the laptop. Other computers
    in the house using belkin wireless cards connect to the internet no problem.

    Any help would be great. Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RGllc2Vs?=, Mar 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGllc2Vs?=

    Dave Guest

    bad setup on the card? wrong channel, or some other driver setup problem??
    or
    ssid broadcast is turned off on the router?? turn it back on. no, that
    doesn't make you less secure.
    or
    bad card? try swapping with one from a machine that works.

    "Diesel" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows xp pro, and a dell 1450

    wireless
    > card installed. I have a belkin wire/wireless router. I turn on the

    laptop,
    > and the wireless won't connect to the internet. It doesn't show any

    networks

    Dave, Mar 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGllc2Vs?=

    Malke Guest

    Diesel wrote:

    > I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows xp pro, and a dell 1450
    > wireless card installed. I have a belkin wire/wireless router. I turn
    > on the laptop, and the wireless won't connect to the internet. It
    > doesn't show any networks in range. Please help.
    >
    > A few facts: The rotuer is loacted right next to the laptop. Other
    > computers in the house using belkin wireless cards connect to the
    > internet no problem.
    >
    > Any help would be great. Thanks!

    Does Device Manager show the card installed? Does your model Inspiron
    have a wireless on-off button? If it does, is it on?

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Mar 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGllc2Vs?=

    bjh Guest

    I had the same thing, drove me nuts. Last post covered it, make sure the
    button for the wireless card is turned on.

    bjh, Mar 17, 2005