    Is there some way to identify the computer or person I am connecting to?
    No need to identify the person/computer, and I DON'T want to spread viruses,
    just want to know.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Hi
    You can not connect to other Wireless computer if it is Not set specifically
    to connect Ad-hoc to your computer.
    To create a Wireless connection you need at least two Wireless cards, or one
    Wireless card and a Wireless Router.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx?pf=trueHi
    If you already have two wireless cards you can connect them together by
    configuring them to Ad-Hoc mode and using Windows ICS for Internet Sharing.
    This method is not very secure and night be quite quirky.
    If you do not have two cards you can find a Wireless Router that is only few
    $$ more expensive than an additional card. With Wireless Router you would
    get much better results.
    Topology looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 8, 2007

  3. Yes, but it was installing Windows Update when IE 7 CANNOT connect to the
    internet...
    --
    Forums - Aren''t they wonderful?

    =?Utf-8?B?QmluYXJ5Q29udmVydGVk?=, Aug 11, 2007