    also sure that the WEP key is correct. There are other laptops around my
    enviroment that are current connected to the same Wirless Access Point.

    What do you suppose the problem is?? Please advise. Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=, May 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=

    Malke Guest

    Rob D. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a XP Tablet PC Edition SP2. Everytime I trying to make a new
    > wireless connection I get a message saying 'No wireless networks were
    > found in Range'. Absolutley no wirless connection showes up in the
    > Wirless Properties and none can be created even after a Refresh.
    >
    > I've tried disabling LAN connections and firwall and still had no
    > luck. I'm also sure that the WEP key is correct. There are other
    > laptops around my enviroment that are current connected to the same
    > Wirless Access Point.
    >
    > What do you suppose the problem is?? Please advise. Thanks!

    It sounds like your wireless hardware isn't on or isn't working. Refer
    to your Tablet's manual for how to enable the wireless. For
    Tablet-specific questions, post in the Tablet newsgroup:

    microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, May 1, 2006

  3. The hardware is enabled and working properly as I checked in Device Manager.
    Any other suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=, May 1, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=

    RSD Guest

    "Rob D." <> wrote in message
    > The hardware is enabled and working properly as I checked in Device

    Manager.
    > Any other suggestions?

    Just because it´s "working" in Device Manager doesn´t mean it´s all ready to
    go. There are sometimes (often) switches or keyboard shortcuts to enable the
    wireless device on a portable computer.

    Rob

    RSD, May 2, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=

    Malke Guest

    RSD wrote:

    > "Rob D." <> wrote in message
    >> The hardware is enabled and working properly as I checked in Device

    > Manager.
    >> Any other suggestions?

    > Just because it´s "working" in Device Manager doesn´t mean it´s all
    > ready to go. There are sometimes (often) switches or keyboard
    > shortcuts to enable the wireless device on a portable computer.

    That's correct. The Device Manager shows that the hardware is installed,
    not that it is working (unless there is a yellow exclamation point next
    to it). Most modern laptops have either a little button, switch, or
    keyboard press to toggle the wireless on and off. So again, look on
    your Tablet PC for something like that and RTFM. If you didn't get a
    manual, go to the computer mftr.'s website and read information there.

    For more TabletPC-specific questions, post in the newsgroup I already
    gave you.

    Malke

    Malke, May 2, 2006