    can't find anything. This seemed to happen after my laptop went into standby
    for a long time. I am pretty much of a novice, so the Sesame Street version
    of a response would be great.
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVsZW4=?=, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Hi Helen

    The little reset switch on the back will reset your router back to factory
    settings. I ahve often found that just unplugging the router for about 5mins
    can sometimes solve this problem and also keeps your settings as they were.

    Scott

    =?Utf-8?B?SXNjYUNvbXBz?=, Dec 15, 2004

  3. The problem is that the "Switch is literally a little hole that maybe a
    toothpick could be inserec in...no real switch. I turned off the router as
    you suggested and waited...no luck. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVsZW4=?=, Dec 15, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SGVsZW4=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Please try to find somebody knowlegeable.
    If you start reset things it is easy to make a complete havoc out of it.
    Sorry, there still is no universal Sesame Street solution to wireless...
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 16, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGVsZW4=?=

    GTS Guest

    If one of the laptops still connects properly via wireless, the problem is
    NOT in the router, and you should leave that alone. Some laptops have a
    switch or button or use an FN keypress combination to turn the computers
    wireless communication on and off. Sometimes if it turned off, you will see
    exactly the error you report. If that is not the case, you should check the
    device properties in device manager and report back.

    GTS, Dec 16, 2004
  6. YEA! Yes, my Gateway 200ARC laptop has a button that is one of the
    "multi-function" buttons above the keyboard. I looked from my desktop at the
    product specifications on the Gateway website and it has this special button
    to turn the adapter on and off. I thought I had pressed this once before
    without success, but when turned on it has a bright blue indicator light.
    When I restarted my laptop, everything was back to normal. Thank you so
    much...I can't tell you how much time I have spent on this....a little
    knowledge is a dangerous thing.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVsZW4=?=, Dec 16, 2004
  7. I must apologise my "severe" lack of guidance with that issue, yes now i read
    again i will admit that has to be the worst piece of advice i have ever
    written.

    So to Helen - I apologise.

    =?Utf-8?B?SXNjYUNvbXBz?=, Dec 16, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SGVsZW4=?=

    vballjim Guest

    Take a small non pointed device such as a paper clip and
    push it into that hole until you feel contact. Then just
    press and hold it and watch the lights cycle on the front
    of the router. That will reset the router. If you're a
    fraid to do that, you can always pull the plug and wait
    about 10 seconds...the router will power up and reset
    automatically.

    vballjim, Dec 29, 2004