    computer can't find any wireless network in range. I tried taking my
    computer over to another friends network and I also couldn't connect. Anyone
    know why this is not working?
    =?Utf-8?B?VHViYWJlbg==?=, Sep 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VHViYWJlbg==?=

    atec Guest

    Tubaben wrote:

    > I'm using a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop with a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
    > wireless network card. I have cable internet hooked up to a D-link Wirelesss
    > 108G Router. My friends are having no problem connecting to it, but my
    > computer can't find any wireless network in range. I tried taking my
    > computer over to another friends network and I also couldn't connect. Anyone
    > know why this is not working?

    Have you tried stopping the firewall ?
    atec, Sep 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VHViYWJlbg==?=

    Malke Guest

    atec wrote:

    > Tubaben wrote:
    >
    >> I'm using a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop with a Broadcom 802.11b/g
    >> WLAN
    >> wireless network card. I have cable internet hooked up to a D-link
    >> Wirelesss
    >> 108G Router. My friends are having no problem connecting to it, but
    >> my
    >> computer can't find any wireless network in range. I tried taking my
    >> computer over to another friends network and I also couldn't connect.
    >> Anyone know why this is not working?

    > Have you tried stopping the firewall ?

    Don't stop the firewall; that would be dangerous. Are you sure your
    wireless is turned on? There is a button on most Compaqs that will
    light up when the wireless is on. It looks kind of like a little radio
    tower.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Sep 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VHViYWJlbg==?=

    Jack Barrett Guest

    Fn key and F2 at the same time on most wireless laptops. Looks like a radio
    tower with a crossed circle if it's off.
    You may not have the wireless connection switch turned off even though you
    get the icon in the system tray.
    Let me know how you make out.

    Jack Barrett
    "Experience is the Best Teacher of Technology"

    Jack Barrett, Sep 11, 2005