    u have to ensure the wireless switch is on? How do i make sure that it is?

    Any suggestions would be very gratefull

    thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?=, May 1, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?=

    Guest

    On 1-May-2007, =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?= <> wrote:

    > Im trying to connect to my wireless network but when i try to view available
    > networks im told that there are no wireless networks in range??
    >
    > Im using a Dell inspiron 6000 with a Intel pro wireless 2220 802.1 1 b/g
    > mini PCI Wireless LAN card

    You are not alone, try a Google -> Groups search for
    dell inspiron 6000 wireless problem

    Posts like

    .... It seems to me that there's a compatibility issue between the belkin
    router and the Windows management of wireless device on the Inspiron
    6000. No luck with contacting Dell I'm afraid. ...

    There are also Dell users newsgroups.
    , May 1, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?=

    Lem Guest

    polly wrote:
    > Im trying to connect to my wireless network but when i try to view available
    > networks im told that there are no wireless networks in range??
    >
    > Im using a Dell inspiron 6000 with a Intel pro wireless 2220 802.1 1 b/g
    > mini PCI Wireless LAN card
    >
    > I have configured my netgear router that i recieved from AOL. I have also
    > followed the wireless network wizard instructions. I have been through
    > everything that AOL have told me to do and well basically they cant do
    > anymore and i was ask to contact the vendor as there may be a problem with my
    > wireless adapter? i have check device manager and everything seems as it
    > should be...no nasty exclamation marks. I have noticed on various posts that
    > u have to ensure the wireless switch is on? How do i make sure that it is?
    >
    > Any suggestions would be very gratefull
    >
    > thanks

    The first step is to make sure that the wireless adapter in your laptop
    is properly installed and turned on. Most laptops have either a
    physical switch or a keypress combination (e.g., Fn+F2) that turns the
    wireless radio on and off. For more suggestions, see
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, May 1, 2007
  4. I have tried presing fn + f2 and received the message "the pro/wireless
    network connection is still disabled. Use proset/wireless to enable it" click
    ok. I click ok and nothing seems to happen. no green LED lights have come
    on..no icons have appeared in my task bar?

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?=, May 1, 2007
  5. i have checked the device manager just to see what wireless adapter i have.
    These items were listed if it helps..

    1349 net adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 intergrated controller
    intel pro/wireless 2200BG network connection
    PPoEWin miniport

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?=, May 1, 2007
  6. Hi
    "Intel pro/wireless 2200BG network connection" is probably the Wireless
    card.
    Follow the other steps on the paged that was linked by Lem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 1, 2007
  7. Tried switching the wifi on again and hooooray its finally working

    Thank you to all of u for your help :)

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9sbHk=?=, May 2, 2007