    network connections. However, no wireless connection icon is listed. Does
    this mean that the emachine does not support wireless connections or that it
    is not detecting a wireless network or something else or (e) all of the above?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Aug 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Clark Guest

    I believe, if you don't have an icon that you either don't have a
    wireless adapter, or the drivers for the adapter aren't installed.

    If you don't have an adapter, you could get one if you have an empty PCI
    slot, or they make USB ones also.

    300 feet is quite a distance--

    Clark

    Clark, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Thanks, Clark. I'll test the system and distance w/ a fairly new laptop.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Aug 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    DanR Guest

    Desktop computers seldom come with wireless capabilities. If your emachine has
    wireless it's because you installed the hardware yourself. Did you?

    DanR, Aug 28, 2005