    However, now I can't connect to my wireless network. When I fire up the
    network connections window, there is no wireless networks icon, so I can't
    get any further. Anyone know what I need to do?
    fermata, Mar 5, 2009

  2. fermata

    John Guest

    "fermata" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi there. I have just reinstalled XP professional on my laptop from
    > scratch.
    > The laptop has wireless built in and prior to the reinstall worked
    > perfectly.
    > However, now I can't connect to my wireless network. When I fire up the
    > network connections window, there is no wireless networks icon, so I can't
    > get any further. Anyone know what I need to do?

    Install driver for your wireless network adapter. Since you don't tell us
    your WiFi adapter name and model, no one can tell you where to download the
    driver from.
    John, Mar 5, 2009

  3. Hi
    Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless securi, Mar 6, 2009
  4. fermata

    fermata Guest

    thanks - it's a Dell latitude D420. Been to the dell website, downloaded and
    installed the driver for the wireless (except US, Japan) WLAN card for this
    machine. No joy. Is that not the driver I'm after - any clues?

    fermata, Mar 6, 2009
  5. fermata

    fermata Guest

    Problem solved - the nice chap at Dell pointed me at the correct driver and
    all is now fine. Thanks all.

    fermata, Mar 6, 2009