    "wireless connection" icon. I have updated all the drivers. I have read all
    the prior newsgroup articles and have read the KB articles. Still no answer.
    Can anybody give me an idea of what is going on? I have service pack 2.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=

    WLW Guest

    If you mean that it does not show up in the lower right-hand corner of the
    desktop then got Control Panel, and run the Network Connections application.
    Right-Click on the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties. On the
    General tab put a check in the box marked "Show Icon in notification area
    when connected". Then click OK to save the settings.

    If you mean it does not show up in the Network Connections box under the
    list of available connections then the system is not recognizing it as a
    Network Interface. Does the system recognize that it a USB device is
    connecting when you plug it into the USB Port?
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 26, 2005

  3. I too have the same problem. No Wireless connection icon in the network
    connections folder. I found a an article in support that addresses the issue
    and references a hotfix but have not found out how to get the hot fix. The
    article is KB 829652. Any help??

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=

    WLW Guest

    > The article is KB 829652. Any help??

    That KB article seems to be about changing logon credentials. ???

    Have you looked at KB 313242 - How to troubleshoot wireless network
    connections in Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313242

    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 26, 2005
  5. I have both icon problems. It does not show up in the lower right-hand
    corner and No wireless connection Icon is in the network connections window.
    The USB adapter is working properly and is in network adapter section of
    Device Manager.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  6. Yes I checked the all the KB articles. No joy.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  7. The adapter shows up in "Device Manager" and shows as working.
    It does not show up under the "Network Connections".
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device but no help. The adapter
    light is on but the connection light is flashing showing no connection.
    Nothing seems to help.

    I emailed support to see what the say and will post the results for anyone
    that is curious.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 26, 2005
  8. Thank you Boshie.
    I have spent countless hours with D-link tech support. My Usb adapter is
    DWL-122. I have also installed and reinstalled many times. D-Link tech
    support told me that it is a Windows issue. I told them that I bet there
    drivers from 2003( which are the most up to date) are to old and are not
    compatible with Service Pack 2. Oh they said that that's not the problem,
    Its a windows problem. The Adapter works fine on my Win 2k laptop.
    Hopefully your email will shed some light.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=

    WLW Guest

    The best possibilities would probably be that the Interface Adapter Driver
    does not completely support Windows Wireless Zero Configuration, or that
    your TCP/IP stack is corrupted.

    If it doesn't support WinWZC see the steps outlined in KB 313242
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313242
    Read the whole article, it covers a lot of things.

    If the stack is corrupted see the steps in KB 299357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 26, 2005
  10. I am also running a DWL-122 USB adpater. I also have the same adapter on a
    second machine that is working correctly. The only difference is the one
    that is not working is XP-Pro and the one that does work is XP-Home. I agree
    it is a windows issue and should have paid closer attention to when it quit
    so I new what changes were made. It is in my sons room.

    I use a D-Link DI-514 Router.

    The funny thing is the icon disappered long before the adpater quit working.
    I recently changed my WEP key and that is when it quit working. I went to
    change the Key on the machine with no icon and couldn't because the icon is
    gone. I changed the key back thinking it would work but NOPE! Gone for good.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 26, 2005
  11. My D-link utility doesn't even want to start. Did you call D-Link tech
    support?

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  12. I have not called D-Link mainly because they have not posted any new drivers.
    It appears they are only addressing the more recent cards.

    I tried the D-Link utility and got the same result as you, it does not start.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Call them, see if you can get a fix. And maybe they will update the drivers?

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  14. New Microsoft article number 894543.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 26, 2005
  15. I read that but I don't know what do with it.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 27, 2005
  16. This is an article D-link sent me. I tried all the steps. You try them
    too. I had some things that weren't the same on mine. Maybe I missed a
    step. If it works let me know. KB # 825826
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825826&Product=winxp

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 27, 2005
  17. Well,,,,

    I called D-Link and after jumping through all the hoops was directed back to
    MS as they indicate it is an XP issue.

    I got a response from MS and was directed to a hotfix that did not work. I
    had to uninstall SP2 to run the hotfix. I have uninstalled all software
    other than office, still not working.

    I am now going to wipe the hardrive and reinstall XP. I know this will work
    but really shouldn't have to do it this way.

    One question: When you go to network properties is their an L at the top of
    the window? I have one icon for my onboard NIC and that is all and a wierd
    L... at the top of the window.

    Dean

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 28, 2005
  18. I am not sure what your talking about an "L". Post a link of Screenshot.
    Use iimageshack.us.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 28, 2005
  19. Where most PC's say LAN or High-Speed Internet I just had an L. I can no
    longer get a screen shot as I wiped it and reinstalled last night and
    everything is back to normal.

    Sorry I can not give you more. I do not no what caused it but it is now
    working correctly.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9zaGll?=, Mar 29, 2005
  20. It is a real shame. I am not gonna re-install my OS. That is not an
    option. Thank You it was fun.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYnk=?=, Mar 29, 2005