    change. Ran the Wireless Network config wizard and even worse, now it won't
    even try to connect automatically. SSID is correct. Password is correct.
    Any ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=, Aug 29, 2004

  2. "Thell" wrote:

    > OK, so that may not be a great description. Installed SP2 on my laptop and
    > now when I start up I get the message that my D-Link AirPlus ExtremeG has
    > "Limited or No Connectivity" to my network. It detects the network and
    > signal strength is excellent, speed is detected at 108, but can't connect.
    > Uninstalled it and drivers, reinstalled drivers and card, rebooted still no
    > change. Ran the Wireless Network config wizard and even worse, now it won't
    > even try to connect automatically. SSID is correct. Password is correct.
    > Any ideas?

    Just as an update... I tried updating to the newest drivers and such from
    D-Link and still "Limited or No Connectivity". Tried turning off the
    firewall, but could not make the firewall turn off for the wireless card and
    not my NIC. Oh well, still trying. If worse comes to worst, I suppose that I
    could try uninstalling SP2 or a system restore to before it was installed -
    which does not always work.
    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=, Aug 29, 2004

  3. "Thell" wrote:

    > "Thell" wrote:
    >
    > > OK, so that may not be a great description. Installed SP2 on my laptop and
    > > now when I start up I get the message that my D-Link AirPlus ExtremeG has
    > > "Limited or No Connectivity" to my network. It detects the network and
    > > signal strength is excellent, speed is detected at 108, but can't connect.
    > > Uninstalled it and drivers, reinstalled drivers and card, rebooted still no
    > > change. Ran the Wireless Network config wizard and even worse, now it won't
    > > even try to connect automatically. SSID is correct. Password is correct.
    > > Any ideas?

    > Just as an update... I tried updating to the newest drivers and such from
    > D-Link and still "Limited or No Connectivity". Tried turning off the
    > firewall, but could not make the firewall turn off for the wireless card and
    > not my NIC. Oh well, still trying. If worse comes to worst, I suppose that I
    > could try uninstalling SP2 or a system restore to before it was installed -
    > which does not always work.

    Next Update: Uninstalled SP2 and did a System Restore and now almost
    nothing works.... TOO COOL!!! I jsut love my Windows computer. ;^P It
    makes things sooo interesting. NOT! Oh well, my apologies for the rant,
    time to re-install everything I guess. (Everything except SP2, that is.)
    Thanks for the assistance and have a nice day.
    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=, Aug 29, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Thell" <> wrote in message news:...
    > TOO COOL!!! I jsut love my Windows computer. ;^P It
    > makes things sooo interesting. NOT!

    Yep. It gives plenty of rope to shoot yourself in the leg :-/

    --PA
    Pavel A., Aug 30, 2004
  5. SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. it always says "limited or no connectivity", even
    though my signal is excellent. it all started when SP2 was installed. PlS
    SOMEONE HELP ME!!! My other PCs are working fine, and they all use wireless
    networking too. i need this fixed, as soon as possible! my laptop is very
    vital for school!!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFvbG8gSmltZW5v?=, Sep 5, 2004
  6. Hey Paolo,
    I can relate, I use my laptop for school as well. I did finally get it
    working. I wiped it out, re-installed XP, got the card set upt and working
    properly via XP's wireless config tool. From there I did the SP2 install via
    the wireless connection and when it rebooted everything was "almost" fine. I
    have connectivity and access, but at only half of the capacity as before -
    54MBPS vs. 108MBPS. That is still better than none, plus at the university
    we are doing good if we can get 11MBPS on campus, 22 is outstanding. So if
    you don't mind wiping everything out and reinstalling, maybe that would help
    you as well. (I did not have a lot of choice, after uninstalling SP2 -
    Visual Studio .NET, Office XP, Mathematica 4, WMP9, and IE6 all refused to
    work anymore.)
    Good luck!

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=, Sep 5, 2004
  7. I have three machines out of 10 I support on a local network, They have the
    same issue! good signal, no dhcp lease! I have not reformatted and
    restarted yet, but at least this is a clue it may work. These computers all
    had some issues before with connection, just made permanent with sp2. One
    way I can get it to work is to uninstall the driver completely, reinstall the
    driver and it works. BUT ONLY FOR THAT ONE TIME THE SYSTEM IS LOGGED IN.
    Upon reboot it fails again! There must be some driver issues.

    =?Utf-8?B?cnN3aWxrZXM=?=, Sep 7, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    ddrexler Guest

    for anybody out there
    i had the same issue with a on-board nic (no connectivity)
    turned off firewall, renew ip, nothing worked

    i checked the dlink website for a update for my router (wireless 614+
    and there was one for aug 2004.
    installed that. rebooted pc in question, and everything is fine now.

    this fixed it for me.

    hope this helps

    Thell wrote:
    > *OK, so that may not be a great description. Installed SP2 on m
    > laptop and
    > now when I start up I get the message that my D-Link AirPlus Extreme
    > has
    > "Limited or No Connectivity" to my network. It detects the networ
    > and
    > signal strength is excellent, speed is detected at 108, but can'
    > connect.
    > Uninstalled it and drivers, reinstalled drivers and card, reboote
    > still no
    > change. Ran the Wireless Network config wizard and even worse, no
    > it won't
    > even try to connect automatically. SSID is correct. Password i
    > correct.
    > Any ideas?

    -
    ddrexle
    ddrexler, Sep 11, 2004
  9. I'd like to try that, good suggestion. Dlink does not have a newer driver for
    the dwl 900 ap+ that I have. I may get a newer netgear g access point and
    try that.

    =?Utf-8?B?cnN3aWxrZXM=?=, Sep 12, 2004
  10. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    arabxusa Guest

    I am also experiencing the problem with no success.

    I have 2 wireless connections to my Netgear WGR614 router.

    One connection, a Dell Laptop with onboard wireless controller with X
    Professional after SP2, works fine.

    Another Dell laptop with onboard wireless and XP Home after SP2, jus
    won't connect at all. Excellent strenght, but will not make
    connecction.

    The fact that all worked before SP2, and now post SP2 1 of the
    wireless connections just won't work proves that they only new variabl
    is SP2, and it's broken it.

    If anybody as any idea, I would really appreciate it

    -
    arabxus
    arabxusa, Sep 30, 2004
  11. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    Neo Anderson Guest

    Do you have the encryption keys set the same on both ends of the wi-fi? If
    so, are they both enabled?

    Neo Anderson, Sep 30, 2004
  12. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    EL Guest

    I upgraded 2 laptops with linksys cards and one desktop with a linksys pci
    card.
    The desktop worked fine but the two laptops didn't.
    I found that the firewall caused some problems and the configuration for wep
    was gone.
    I started from scratch by reinstalling the linksys cards and reconfigured
    wep.
    So far everything is good. (5 days)

    EL, Sep 30, 2004
  13. EL wrote:
    > *I upgraded 2 laptops with linksys cards and one desktop with
    > linksys pci
    > card.
    > The desktop worked fine but the two laptops didn't.
    > I found that the firewall caused some problems and the configuratio
    > for wep
    > was gone.
    > I started from scratch by reinstalling the linksys cards an
    > reconfigured
    > wep.
    > So far everything is good. (5 days)
    >

    > "arabxusa" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I am also experiencing the problem with no success.
    > >
    > > I have 2 wireless connections to my Netgear WGR614 router.
    > >
    > > One connection, a Dell Laptop with onboard wireless controller wit

    > XP
    > > Professional after SP2, works fine.
    > >
    > > Another Dell laptop with onboard wireless and XP Home after SP2

    > just
    > > won't connect at all. Excellent strenght, but will not make a
    > > connecction.
    > >
    > > The fact that all worked before SP2, and now post SP2 1 of the 2
    > > wireless connections just won't work proves that they only ne

    > variable
    > > is SP2, and it's broken it.
    > >
    > > If anybody as any idea, I would really appreciate it.
    > >

    > > --
    > > arabxusa

    > > View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1004956.html
    > >[/vbcol] *

    Folks,

    Same issue - DI-416 and DWL-520+

    Did driver upgrades and a ton of stuff, then realized that Window
    had probably installed it's own drivers in the DWL-520+ when SP2 went i
    and when I upgraded the 520+ driver.

    So I followed the procedure for installing the card the first time
    I installed the drivers with the card out of the machine, shut down
    replaced the card and booted up.

    The usual PnP "Found new hardware" then "Looking ..." an
    "Installing . . . " did not happen. Ended up pointing the wizard tha
    appeared ("Windows cannot install your new hardware") to the tem
    folder in which I had unzipped the new driver files when I trie
    installing the driver updates.

    Now things are fine. So, it was a driver issue in my case.
    wasn't paying attention and XP stuffed it's drivers into my hardware
    trojanmountie, Oct 13, 2004
  14. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    geodan Guest

    arabxusa wrote:
    > *I am also experiencing the problem with no success.
    >
    > I have 2 wireless connections to my Netgear WGR614 router.
    >
    > One connection, a Dell Laptop with onboard wireless controller wit
    > XP Professional after SP2, works fine.
    >
    > Another Dell laptop with onboard wireless and XP Home after SP2, jus
    > won't connect at all. Excellent strenght, but will not make
    > connecction.
    >
    > The fact that all worked before SP2, and now post SP2 1 of the
    > wireless connections just won't work proves that they only ne
    > variable is SP2, and it's broken it.
    >
    > If anybody as any idea, I would really appreciate it. *

    Hey everyone, I have been having this problem too...but I usually ca
    get it to connect. I have a dell laptop, with service pack 2 and
    LinkSys 'g' wireless card. I get the perfect connection, but th
    network won't assign me a network address, saying limited or n
    connectivity.

    Well, what I usually do is keep hitting Repair or enable an
    disable...and eventually it will work BUT...it didn't work today...so
    tried disabling my anti-virus software (unload the service)...and the
    tried to connect...and it worked the first time. Then I just start m
    anti-virus again.

    Good luck

    -
    geoda
    geodan, Oct 20, 2004
  15. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    maximyus Guest

    This solution should help everyone. Apparently there is a problem with
    SP2, and the no connectivity problem happens to everyone wirelessly.

    Try this link, it worked on my laptop and desktop:

    http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml

    There is a patch available on Microsoft, anda simple registry upgrade,
    which this link explains and your wireless network should be working
    again.

    --
    maximyus
    maximyus, Nov 10, 2004
  16. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlbGw=?=

    Malke Guest

    maximyus wrote:

    > This solution should help everyone. Apparently there is a problem with
    > SP2, and the no connectivity problem happens to everyone wirelessly.
    >
    > Try this link, it worked on my laptop and desktop:
    >
    > http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml
    >
    > There is a patch available on Microsoft, anda simple registry upgrade,
    > which this link explains and your wireless network should be working
    > again.

    Thanks for the link. It is very interesting and useful. Just one small
    correction, however - this "no connectivity problem" does not happen to
    "everyone wirelessly". It didn't happen to me or on any of the roughly
    150 laptops on which I've installed SP2. For those people who do have
    the problem, the webpage you gave sounds excellent.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers