No Windows Sound recorder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rich, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Hi

    I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day, but
    it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to install
    it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
    and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.

    Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to do
    a manual install.

    I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
    need

    Cheers

    Rich

    ---
    Rich, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Rich

    Ionizer Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

    but
    > it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

    install
    > it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows

    programs
    > and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
    >
    > Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files

    to do
    > a manual install.
    >
    > I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
    > need

    http://www.computerhope.com/software/soundrec.htm

    Or consider this freeware alternative, which does not have the 60-second
    limitation, and will record to mp3 as well as to wav:
    http://stepvoice.com/

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Rich

    Brian Guest

    "Rich" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:n1Bvc.193$BT1.190@newsfe1-win...
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

    but
    > it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

    install
    > it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
    > and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
    >
    > Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to

    do
    > a manual install.
    >
    > I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
    > need
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Rich
    >

    > ---

    if you really just want the windows sound recorder i can mail it to you.. or
    maybe you are just missing the short cut... well here is the path..
    WINDOWS\sytem32\sndrec.exe have a search for that and make yourself a short
    cut
    Brian, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Rich

    Brian Guest

    "Rich" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:n1Bvc.193$BT1.190@newsfe1-win...
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro and went to use Sound Recorder the other day,

    but
    > it wasnt there. So after a bit of searching I have read you need to

    install
    > it from a stadard install. Off to Add/remove programs and windows programs
    > and I cant find it amoungst any of the options at all.
    >
    > Any help would be excellent, even if it is down to a link to the files to

    do
    > a manual install.
    >
    > I am aware it isnt a very good program, but it does the trick for what I
    > need
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Rich
    >

    > ---

    ooops the exe is called sndrec32.exe not sndrec.exe
    Brian, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Thanks

    Most bizarre is I did a search for that file and it was there. I am sure I
    had checked all the .exe in the system32 folder but obviously not

    Made a shortcut and now all sorted,

    Cheers

    Rich

    Rich, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Rich

    cherub

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    would yo be nice enough to email the sound recorder to me, beacause i cant open the file you typed. thanx
    cherub, Jan 24, 2008