    autoupdate...(???)
    i have full internet funcionality...it just dont update...?
    help!
    =?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZA==?=, Jul 21, 2005

  2. > it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
    > autoupdate...(???)

    Can you be more specific?

    What kind of behaviour did you expect, and what didn't happen?

    Greetings,
    Wessel
    Wessel Troost, Jul 21, 2005

  3. well,i tried to update win64 after installation,and windows updats website
    didnt work...it fired a .dll at me,which i accepted,and /amd64 was in the
    http string,so im assuming it knew what i wanted,but it wouldnt work...i
    tried the things that the site told me to do,like changing the activex status
    at the top of the browser window...there wasnt one there to change...
    no way of changing the activex stuff at all,actually...except for in
    internet options,which i had already changed...

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZA==?=, Jul 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZA==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Richard.

    Have you tried it with the 32-bit version of IE?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Do you have Automatic Updates enabled? Go to the properties of My Computer >
    Automatic Updates (tab) > select Automatic (recommended) click OK.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005
  6. If you are running as a limited user it won't work either.

    Andrew Ahearne, Jul 21, 2005
  7. > Have you tried it with the 32-bit version of IE?

    When I try with the 64-bit version, it says:

    We need to open a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer

    After that it works fine.

    To the original poster: it would help if you gave more literal description
    of what happens. What do you mean by "firing a DLL" for example. Do you
    mean it's asking you to install an ActiveX?

    Greetings,
    Wessel
    Wessel Troost, Jul 21, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZA==?=