No videos on myspace.....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joe, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I just checked out myspace on a friend's machine who's running Win XP MCE,
    but while the pages load alright, any videos in them can't be seen, just
    heard....'and the small video player in myspace has no controls on it! I
    checked the same page out on my own machine and can see the videos and the
    controls no problem. I use Win XP Pro btw.
    Anyone know why this might be happening on his machine?

    Joe.
     
    Joe, Dec 19, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Joe

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:31:38 GMT, "Joe" <> wrote:

    >
    >I just checked out myspace on a friend's machine who's running Win XP MCE,


    Ok, good, we know the operating system...

    >but while the pages load alright, any videos in them can't be seen, just
    >heard....'and the small video player in myspace has no controls on it! I
    >checked the same page out on my own machine and can see the videos and the
    >controls no problem. I use Win XP Pro btw.
    >Anyone know why this might be happening on his machine?


    Hmmm. We know the operating system, what else might help to
    troubleshoot problems with a WEB SITE?

    Oh I don't know.. The browser?

    Try another browser.
     
    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:04:48 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:31:38 GMT, "Joe" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>I just checked out myspace on a friend's machine who's running Win XP MCE,

    >
    >Ok, good, we know the operating system...
    >
    >>but while the pages load alright, any videos in them can't be seen, just
    >>heard....'and the small video player in myspace has no controls on it! I
    >>checked the same page out on my own machine and can see the videos and the
    >>controls no problem. I use Win XP Pro btw.
    >>Anyone know why this might be happening on his machine?

    >
    >Hmmm. We know the operating system, what else might help to
    >troubleshoot problems with a WEB SITE?
    >
    >Oh I don't know.. The browser?
    >
    >Try another browser.


    It is hard for you to resist being a smart ass, isn't it Evan? Once
    you get to the point where you are cranky, snippy, and arrogant when
    answering questions, it might just be time for you to stop
    contributing. These people need help, man, not an attitude of
    disdain.

    Altie
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 19, 2006
    #3
  4. Joe

    Fred Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    news:eaIhh.112138$...
    >
    > I just checked out myspace on a friend's machine who's running Win XP MCE,
    > but while the pages load alright, any videos in them can't be seen, just
    > heard....'and the small video player in myspace has no controls on it! I
    > checked the same page out on my own machine and can see the videos and the
    > controls no problem. I use Win XP Pro btw.
    > Anyone know why this might be happening on his machine?
    >
    > Joe.


    I've heard of similar problem after someone ran a reg cleaner on their pc.
    Perhaps you could try removing the Adobe Flash plug-in and ActiveX control.
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157
    and reinstaliing Flash.
     
    Fred, Dec 19, 2006
    #4
  5. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > news:eaIhh.112138$...
    >>
    >> I just checked out myspace on a friend's machine who's running Win XP
    >> MCE,
    >> but while the pages load alright, any videos in them can't be seen, just
    >> heard....'and the small video player in myspace has no controls on it! I
    >> checked the same page out on my own machine and can see the videos and
    >> the
    >> controls no problem. I use Win XP Pro btw.
    >> Anyone know why this might be happening on his machine?
    >>
    >> Joe.

    >
    > I've heard of similar problem after someone ran a reg cleaner on their pc.
    > Perhaps you could try removing the Adobe Flash plug-in and ActiveX
    > control.
    > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157
    > and reinstaliing Flash.
    >
    >
    >
    >


    That done the trick! Thanks Fred.

    Joe.
     
    Joe, Dec 19, 2006
    #5
  6. Joe

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 05:24:18 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
    <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote:

    >It is hard for you to resist being a smart ass, isn't it Evan?


    Yep.

    >Once you get to the point where you are cranky, snippy, and arrogant when
    >answering questions, it might just be time for you to stop
    >contributing. These people need help, man, not an attitude of
    >disdain.


    The people I get that with are the ones who I'm about 99% sure are
    going to never post back again. They post an incredibly vague
    question, leaving out details, and never follow back up.

    I mean come on, when's the last time you've seen someone post a "I
    can't send e-mail. Why?" And then see them reply to the followups of
    "Oh, sorry, here's the error message I get:"?

    What, 1% of the time?
     
    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2006
    #6
  7. On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:15:54 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 05:24:18 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
    ><Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote:
    >
    >>It is hard for you to resist being a smart ass, isn't it Evan?

    >
    >Yep.
    >
    >>Once you get to the point where you are cranky, snippy, and arrogant when
    >>answering questions, it might just be time for you to stop
    >>contributing. These people need help, man, not an attitude of
    >>disdain.

    >
    >The people I get that with are the ones who I'm about 99% sure are
    >going to never post back again. They post an incredibly vague
    >question, leaving out details, and never follow back up.


    That is just because they are stupid, Evan. The really stupid ones
    are the ones that should have the highest priority in this group, not
    the ones that are ridiculed.

    >
    >I mean come on, when's the last time you've seen someone post a "I
    >can't send e-mail. Why?" And then see them reply to the followups of
    >"Oh, sorry, here's the error message I get:"?
    >
    >What, 1% of the time?


    You have a point, but it is never going to change. If you were to
    stop visiting this group right now and come back and take a look at it
    10 years from now, the same stupid questions would still be being
    asked. Not only that, but they would be being asked in the same
    stupid manner with not enough information. It will never change.

    Altie
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 19, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Brian

    myspace not loading on 1 pc?

    Brian, Jan 17, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,163
    Evan Platt
    Jan 17, 2007
  2. dar7726

    Need help with Myspace URL.

    dar7726, May 10, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    519
    dar7726
    May 10, 2007
  3. http://unblock.cc

    Unblock myspace at school!

    http://unblock.cc, May 11, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    6,357
    john sumner
    May 12, 2007
  4. bluesealover
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    943
    bluesealover
    Jun 21, 2007
  5. weihanzhao
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,804
    weihanzhao
    Mar 26, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page