    username cisco" but didn't realize that I must set a new username.
    So...now I can't access the router. How do I fix this?
    , Aug 9, 2005

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 9, 2005

  3. duxiana Guest

    Thanks for the link about the documentation - but since the only way to
    access the router is by console cable, and it's asking for username all
    the time (I dont't have a username!!!) I can't access the router and do
    all this fancy commands that are described in the documentation.
    I'm looking for some way of doing factory reset or something, so that
    the username and password will turn back into default.
    Perhaps it is described in the link - but I sure can't find it. :-(
    duxiana, Aug 10, 2005
  4. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 11, 2005
  5. duxiana Guest

    The thing is - I can't reset it since I can't access the router. Its'
    only asking for username...username....username....username....forever
    and ever.... and I have not set a username - the default is cisco/cisco
    - but i wrote "no username cisco" at the prompt and now I just can't
    access it.
    Not by telnet, by web, by console ....
    duxiana, Aug 11, 2005
  6. duxiana Guest

    Hm..now I have managed to find a password recovery document which has
    fixed my problem!
    Problem solved!
    Thanks for your help anyway :)
    duxiana, Aug 11, 2005
  7. ScreeM

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1

    Hello everyone,

    I have the same problem, I didn't set new username and password on my new 2811 router and now I can't access the router..... I hope duxiana can share the way that solved the problem...

    thanx in advance.

    ScreeM
    ScreeM, Aug 3, 2010