    don't have. What do I do from here so that my router is properly configured
    to connect the two computers? Any help will be much appreciated!

    JD
    =?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=, Sep 9, 2006

  2. "JD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm trying to use the wireless network wizard to allow my wireless laptop
    > have access to my desktop computer for file & printer sharing. However
    > when
    > I use the wizard and download the network settings onto my flash drive, it
    > asks me to connect the flash drive to the usb input on my router which I
    > don't have. What do I do from here so that my router is properly
    > configured
    > to connect the two computers? Any help will be much appreciated!
    >
    > JD

    You need to manually copy-n-paste the key to your router and configure the
    encryption type, ie. WPA2/WPA PSK (TKIP or AES) or WEP, in the router. I
    have to do that with my old Buffalo WBR-G54 but its no big deal...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    Sooner Al [MVP], Sep 9, 2006

  3. "Sooner Al [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > "JD" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to use the wireless network wizard to allow my wireless laptop
    >> have access to my desktop computer for file & printer sharing. However
    >> when
    >> I use the wizard and download the network settings onto my flash drive,
    >> it
    >> asks me to connect the flash drive to the usb input on my router which I
    >> don't have. What do I do from here so that my router is properly
    >> configured
    >> to connect the two computers? Any help will be much appreciated!
    >>
    >> JD

    > You need to manually copy-n-paste the key to your router and configure the
    > encryption type, ie. WPA2/WPA PSK (TKIP or AES) or WEP, in the router. I
    > have to do that with my old Buffalo WBR-G54 but its no big deal...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > mutual benefit of all of us...
    > rights...

    By the way, here are some additional suggestions concerning configuration of
    your wireless network that you may find helpful...

    Good luck...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Sep 9, 2006
  4. Al, Thanks a lot for the quick response... any way you can let me know how I
    can do this? I'm not too good with computers so i guess I need a "dummy"
    manual :)... is there an article online that goes over this?

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=, Sep 9, 2006
  5. it's now telling me when i go to view my workgroup computers that:

    Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
    resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    access permissions.

    The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=, Sep 9, 2006
  6. "JD" <> wrote in message
    > Al, Thanks a lot for the quick response... any way you can let me know how
    > can do this? I'm not too good with computers so i guess I need a "dummy"
    > manual :)... is there an article online that goes over this?
    >
    > "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> "JD" <> wrote in message
    >> > I'm trying to use the wireless network wizard to allow my wireless
    >> > laptop
    >> > have access to my desktop computer for file & printer sharing. However
    >> > when
    >> > I use the wizard and download the network settings onto my flash drive,
    >> > it
    >> > asks me to connect the flash drive to the usb input on my router which
    >> > don't have. What do I do from here so that my router is properly
    >> > configured
    >> > to connect the two computers? Any help will be much appreciated!
    >> >
    >> > JD

    >> You need to manually copy-n-paste the key to your router and configure
    >> the
    >> encryption type, ie. WPA2/WPA PSK (TKIP or AES) or WEP, in the router. I
    >> have to do that with my old Buffalo WBR-G54 but its no big deal...
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >>
    >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
    >> mutual benefit of all of us...
    >> rights...

    You need to get into the wireless access point/router administration pages.
    Check your users manual for help with that and for instructions on how to
    configure the device for encryption, etc.

    I guess it would help if you specified the model of Linksys device you have.
    That may help others help you...

    Otherwise these folks may be able to help...

    http://www.linksysinfo.org/portal/forums/index.php

    Sooner Al [MVP], Sep 9, 2006
  7. Hi
    May be this can Help, on Wireless issues.
    As for File Sharing.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).