    I am using FF 1.5.0.7 and when i click on HELP and then click on "CJHECK
    FOR UPDATES", it says NONE. Isn't FF2.0 co0nsidered an update to previous
    versions installed?

    Ray Hobin, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Ray Hobin wrote:
    > I am using FF 1.5.0.7 and when i click on HELP and then click on "CJHECK
    > FOR UPDATES", it says NONE. Isn't FF2.0 co0nsidered an update to previous
    > versions installed?

    The updater in 1.5 is designed to handle minor updates within the same
    version. it can't handle a major update to a new version.

    1.5.0.8 is supposed to be releases today. 1.5.0.7 will update to that.
    It was supposed to contain an improved updater, but that seems to be on
    hold pending further testing.

    You can always go to www.mozilla.com and download the full installer.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Ray Hobin

    Dan C Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ray Hobin wrote:
    >> I am using FF 1.5.0.7 and when i click on HELP and then click on "CJHECK
    >> FOR UPDATES", it says NONE. Isn't FF2.0 co0nsidered an update to
    >> previous
    >> versions installed?

    > The updater in 1.5 is designed to handle minor updates within the same
    > version. it can't handle a major update to a new version.
    >
    > 1.5.0.8 is supposed to be releases today. 1.5.0.7 will update to that.
    > It was supposed to contain an improved updater, but that seems to be on
    > hold pending further testing.
    >
    > You can always go to www.mozilla.com and download the full installer.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee,

    Do you know if when the 1.5.0.8 is released and our
    install is updated, will that version look for further
    updates and find 2.0 and update to that automatically?

    Dan

    Dan C, Nov 2, 2006
  4. Dan C wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Ray Hobin wrote:
    >>> I am using FF 1.5.0.7 and when i click on HELP and then click on "CJHECK
    >>> FOR UPDATES", it says NONE. Isn't FF2.0 co0nsidered an update to
    >>> previous
    >>> versions installed?

    >> The updater in 1.5 is designed to handle minor updates within the same
    >> version. it can't handle a major update to a new version.
    >>
    >> 1.5.0.8 is supposed to be releases today. 1.5.0.7 will update to
    >> that. It was supposed to contain an improved updater, but that seems
    >> to be on hold pending further testing.
    >>
    >> You can always go to www.mozilla.com and download the full installer.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee,
    >
    > Do you know if when the 1.5.0.8 is released and our install is updated,
    > will that version look for further updates and find 2.0 and update to
    > that automatically?
    >
    > Dan

    That is the plan. User will be able to decide whether to enable major
    updates or not.

    Then again, the plan was for this to be released yesterday. If the need
    arises for a security based update, you may see a 1.5.0.8 without the
    new updater.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 2, 2006