no time sync via wifi?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Linea Recta, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    I have installed Speaking Clock, both on PC (Windows XP) and on laptop
    (Vista).
    On PC, which is wired to router, I can use the time synchronizing function.
    But on laptop, connected by wifi to router, I keep getting message:
    "synchronisation failed."
    I have used the same settings, the same firewall and use the same time
    server. (europe.pool.ntp.org)

    Who knows advice?

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Hi
    I doubt that it has to do any thing with the Wireless.
    Check the services on the computer and make sure that the Time service is
    On.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jun 20, 2009

  3. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi
    > I doubt that it has to do any thing with the Wireless.
    > Check the services on the computer and make sure that the Time service is
    > On.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    It is on.

    --