    Tried a new harddrive, no help. Formatted the drive a dozen times with same
    resuls.
    Any suggestions?
    Rod and Cindy Hall, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Rod and Cindy Hall

    Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:30:20 GMT, "Rod and Cindy Hall"
    <> wrote:

    |> Installing a fresh copy of Winxp pro, install goes fine.
    |> When you reboot, it cant find the system disk.
    |> I run a repair off the xp cd and all is fine, until reboot, then same prob.
    |> Tried a new harddrive, no help. Formatted the drive a dozen times with same
    |> resuls.
    |> Any suggestions?

    Suggestion...

    In your bios there might be virus blocker you can toggle on and off,
    turn it off.

    XP must write to the boot block this option prevents it, if on.

    --
    , Jan 23, 2005

  3. Rod and Cindy Hall

    °Mike° Guest

    Run a manufacturer's diagnostic on your hard drive.
    Check your RAM for bad modules.
    Check for faulty connections/cables.

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:30:20 GMT, in
    <MFNId.216344$>
    Rod and Cindy Hall scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Rod and Cindy Hall

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Rod and Cindy Hall" <> wrote in message
    > Installing a fresh copy of Winxp pro, install goes fine.
    > When you reboot, it cant find the system disk.
    > I run a repair off the xp cd and all is fine, until reboot, then same
    > prob.
    > Tried a new harddrive, no help. Formatted the drive a dozen times with
    > same resuls.
    > Any suggestions?

    i take it you used fdisk? did you set partition to active?
    you can format to your hearts desire--no active partition--no run on
    boot---yes xp will "try" to install on a bare disc,but will not create the
    correct files on a blank drive
    Aquanaut, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Rod and Cindy Hall

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go into the BIOS setup and make sure the boot sequence is set correctly.
    Be sure to save any changes when exiting.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 25, 2005