    to enable it?

    Thank you,
    Krzysztof

    Krzysztof M, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Krzysztof M

    The One Guest

    Krzysztof M bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > Hello,
    > Im trying to set the computer into standby mode, but the option is not
    > available, nor is the hibernate tab in the power options.
    >
    > I may have disabled it somehow in the past. Does anyone know the process
    > to enable it?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Krzysztof

    Check the bios

    The One, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Krzysztof M

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:06:17 -0500, Krzysztof M wrote:

    >Hello,
    >Im trying to set the computer into standby mode, but the option is not
    >available, nor is the hibernate tab in the power options.
    >
    >I may have disabled it somehow in the past. Does anyone know the process
    >to enable it?

    Try finding out using www.google.com , and often posted in
    list of XP help sites

    aumha , kellys-korner , theeldergeek , microsoft kb

    http://www.aumha.org/
    www.kellys-korner
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

    Using www.google.com among several results for

    standby or hibernate options in XP Pro

    or a different search

    troubleshoot standby hibernate options XP Pro

    Use Hibernate and Standby to Conserve Batteries
    Windows XP: How to use hibernate and standby. ... Power Options
    automatically
    detects what is available on your computer and shows you only the
    options that ...
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/hibernate.mspx -
    23k - Cached - Similar pages

    Power Management in Windows XP
    Power Options in Windows XP allow you to control the power
    management features of:
    ... The label under the first button changes from Stand By to
    Hibernate. ...

    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/russel_02march25.mspx
    - 32k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.microsoft.com ]

    Standby Issues
    Standby & Hibernate Issues in Windows XP ... Stopped by
    Standby/Hibernate/Fast
    User Switch. Computer w/ ATI Rage Pro AGP 2X Video Adapter Cannot
    Standby ...
    www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

    H Page - Windows XP from A to Z
    Troubleshooting Hibernate & Standby Issues for Windows XP ... Home
    and Pro -
    Differences. Windows XP Professional include unlike Home Edition the
    follow ...
    www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

    Microsoft Windows XP - Resolving Power Management Problems on x86 ...
    If the Standby and Hibernate options are not present, then your computer
    does
    .... For more information about troubleshooting standby or hibernation
    issues, ...
    www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmc_str_vzeb.asp
    - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

    Use Standby and Hibernate
    This page describes how Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    standby and hibernate
    ... In the list, select Hibernate. Tablet PC battery alarm options
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/tabletpc/getstarted/standby.mspx -
    29k - Cached - Similar pages

    Standby Issues
    Standby & Hibernate Issues in Windows XP ... How to Enable the Wake from
    Standby
    Option for a USB Mouse. Mouse Resumes Computer from Standby Mode If
    Option ...
    www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Sep 29, 2005