    still the same as your paid plan ?
    ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm..... :(

    Sucks when you want to grab some new demos at 300mb each :(

    XPD, Nov 4, 2004

  2. XPD

    EMB Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
    > realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed is
    > still the same as your paid plan ?
    > ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm..... :(
    >
    > Sucks when you want to grab some new demos at 300mb each :(

    That's how it is now that UBS is here - same speed as your paid plan for
    JSG because every line is throttled individually at the DSLAM, not by
    the ISP.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 4, 2004

  3. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    > > Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
    > > realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed

    is
    > > still the same as your paid plan ?
    > > ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm..... :(
    > >
    > > Sucks when you want to grab some new demos at 300mb each :(
    > >

    > That's how it is now that UBS is here - same speed as your paid plan for
    > JSG because every line is throttled individually at the DSLAM, not by
    > the ISP.
    >
    > --
    > EMB

    Thinks its a have.... my ISP cant offer me UBS until the 10th... so now ive
    gotta suffer :p
    Was fine last night..... <sigh> Back to abusing the work connection I guess
    :)

    XPD, Nov 4, 2004
  4. XPD

    EMB Guest

    XPD wrote:

    > <sigh> Back to abusing the work connection I guess

    Beats abusing yourself :)

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 4, 2004
  5. XPD wrote:
    > Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
    > realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed is
    > still the same as your paid plan ?
    > ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm..... :(

    JSgames realm will disappear when on a bitstream account, as the rate
    limiting is done differently.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz