    no sound unless you turn the volume up and you can just hear the track.

    Whats wrong ?

    Pete
    Pete, Apr 27, 2004

  2. "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:Gwtjc.269$...
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > I have no sound !! I have updated the driver, Changed speakers, but

    still
    > no sound unless you turn the volume up and you can just hear the track.
    >
    > Whats wrong ?
    >
    > Pete

    First checks:

    1) You have a sound card with only a low-level 'line out' signal (for an
    amplifier/amplifed speakers) rather than 'speaker out', and your speakers do
    not have a built in amplifier.

    As a quick check, do your speakers have a power adaptor and/or battery
    compartment or do they just plug in to the 'sound out' on your sound card
    with no further wiring?

    or

    2) Your sound card actually does have a 'speaker out' socket but you've
    plugged in to the low-level 'line out' socket - check the possibilities on
    the back of your sound card.

    NK
    Nigel Kendrick, Apr 28, 2004