    I will appreciate if any one has any suggestion.

    I tried uninstalling the web cam and then install the sound driver but no
    luck.
    Amir, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Amir

    Jerry G. Guest

    Make sure that the drivers for the sound card is up to date for XP. If
    not, you will have the problem that you are describing.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Amir" <> wrote in message
    Hello everyone,

    I have recently installed win xp on a machine, and I installed all the
    drivers and etc.
    I had a web cam to install which I did but I cannot get any sound at
    all.
    when I try to play a music file I get the error message.

    the computer has on board sound. I have tried every thing but I cannot
    find
    any solution.

    Jerry G., Sep 27, 2004

  3. Amir

    bmoag Guest

    Is the sound turned on in the BIOS?
    bmoag, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Amir

    mark mandel Guest

    "Amir" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have recently installed win xp on a machine, and I installed all the
    > drivers and etc.
    > I had a web cam to install which I did but I cannot get any sound at all.
    > when I try to play a music file I get the error message.
    >
    > the computer has on board sound. I have tried every thing but I cannot

    find
    > any solution.
    > I will appreciate if any one has any suggestion.
    >
    > I tried uninstalling the web cam and then install the sound driver but no
    > luck.

    Go into the Device Manager, locate the sound card, delete, restart and then
    Windows may locate the driver.
    mark mandel, Sep 27, 2004