    like it should be working, I have no conflicts or error messages.
    Could I have knocked loose a jumper or is this a software issue. Any
    help would be greatly apprecieated. You can e-mail me at

    steve, Nov 19, 2003

  2. steve

    Guest

    On 19 Nov 2003 14:14:46 -0800, (steve) wrote:

    >I have a emachines 633ids with a 15gb hard drive and a cognac
    >motherboard with on board sound. I installed a second hard drive and
    >it seems to be working ok but now I have no sound. Everything looks
    >like it should be working, I have no conflicts or error messages.
    >Could I have knocked loose a jumper or is this a software issue. Any
    >help would be greatly apprecieated. You can e-mail me at

    A. Check the bios setup to see if the onboard audio has been disabled.

    B. Reinstall drivers for sound applications from your recovery CD's.

    , Nov 19, 2003

  3. steve

    Night_Seer Guest

    steve wrote:
    > I have a emachines 633ids with a 15gb hard drive and a cognac
    > motherboard with on board sound. I installed a second hard drive and
    > it seems to be working ok but now I have no sound. Everything looks
    > like it should be working, I have no conflicts or error messages.
    > Could I have knocked loose a jumper or is this a software issue. Any
    > help would be greatly apprecieated. You can e-mail me at

    No sound period, or when you play cd's or what? Check your volume
    settings.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Nov 19, 2003
  4. steve

    Jerry G. Guest

    Check that there are no wires or connectors that have come off.

    Check that the volume controls in sound set-up is turned up.

    Check that the sound is not muted.

    Check that the BIOS set-up is correct, and the proper drivers are installed.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com