    Can anyone suggest what to do? The help stuff with Windows is not much
    help.

    The laptop is only two months old :-(

    A Friend, Feb 1, 2006

  2. A Friend

    SteveM Guest

    "A Friend" <> wrote in
    news::

    > My Acer Aspire 3000 laptop no longer has sound. For the past couple of
    > weeks, the sound icon has sometimes not appeared at startup, but
    > restarting made it come back, with the sound. Now it is not there at
    > all.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest what to do? The help stuff with Windows is not much
    > help.
    >
    > The laptop is only two months old :-(

    A common problem with that model, of which I have repaired at least
    30 or 40 of.

    Options.
    1. Under the bios (F2 at boot time) make sure that the memory set aside
    for the VGA adaptor is set to 32 Meg. Any other setting can cause no
    audio.
    Then update the audio driver from the realtek website.
    ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A382.exe
    ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A382.exe
    or ftp://61.56.86.122/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A382.exe
    Just run the file, Reboot and see how you go.
    You may need to reboot 4-5 times just to make sure the sound keeps
    comming back.

    2. Check your bios revision and get it upgraded. Latest bios is 3A27
    I can provide the files if necessary (4 Megs worth)

    SteveM

    SteveM, Feb 1, 2006

  3. A Friend

    A Friend Guest

    SteveM wrote:

    > A common problem with that model, of which I have repaired at least
    > 30 or 40 of.

    Thanks, the sound is working again now.

    A Friend, Feb 7, 2006
  4. A Friend

    SteveM Guest

    "A Friend" <> wrote in

    > SteveM wrote:
    >

    >> A common problem with that model, of which I have repaired at least
    >> 30 or 40 of.

    > Thanks, the sound is working again now.

    Was the video setting set to something other than 32 Meg?
    Just curious....

    SteveM

    SteveM, Feb 7, 2006
  5. A Friend

    alan23688

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    high got the same prob ive changed my vga to 32 meg and installed the audio drivers but still naff all sound

    any help would be great

    p.s if you need any sys info i can post a belarc report

    alan23688, Nov 29, 2011