    fix this? I did this about 6 months ago so the information is long gone
    from my recycle bin.

    Thanks for your help.

    Carol Bell, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Carol Bell

    Jerry G. Guest

    You can start by uninstalling the sound card, and all the drivers for it.
    Now re-install it using the software that came with it. If you didn't damage
    anything with the operating system, and the board is not defective, it will
    work.

    Originally if you didn't want the sound, you could have muted it in its
    software. It is a simple check mark to click in. There would be no sound
    until the check mark is removed.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Carol Bell" <> wrote in message
    Got sick of the goofy tunes and brave about deleting. Have managed to turn
    off my entire sound capabilities. It wouldn't even do the screeching when
    the modem fired up before I switched to cable recently.

    It says my sound card is ok, the speakers work Had the cable guy look it
    over and he couldn't figure what the problem is. I assume I deleted some
    integral file in my search for silence. Duh.

    Have all the original discs, including one that says "mother board" but am
    scared to reinstall the programming for fear I mess things up even more. Is
    there a way to tell what files to reinstall or some driver to download to

    Jerry G., Dec 21, 2003

  3. Carol Bell

    Carol Bell Guest

    Thank you Jerry and Vince. I will never mess with my sound files again.
    The tunes aren't that annoying when turned waaay down low. Blessings of the
    season to you.

    Carol Bell, Dec 22, 2003