    sound with radio stations on Internet Radio,
    also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Nick Withers, Nov 19, 2007

  2. Nick Withers

    ded Guest

    "Nick Withers" <> wrote in message
    news:1195463910.899969@ftpsrv1...
    > This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no sound
    > with radio stations on Internet Radio,
    > also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
    > Thanks for any assistance.

    You haven't mentioned what internet radio service or URL's.
    but check their sites FAQ/support and I suspect you'll find that
    you require RealPlayer for streaming radio.
    ded, Nov 19, 2007

  3. Nick Withers

    Nick Withers Guest

    ded wrote:
    > "Nick Withers" <> wrote in message
    >> This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no sound
    >> with radio stations on Internet Radio,
    >> also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
    >> Thanks for any assistance.

    > You haven't mentioned what internet radio service or URL's.
    > but check their sites FAQ/support and I suspect you'll find that
    > you require RealPlayer for streaming radio.

    The internet service is on Media Player,,,,Media Guide/Internet
    Radio/featured station.
    and streaming sound files are... blah blah blah.asx. RealPlayer plays
    ..ram files.
    Is there a codec missing?
    Nick Withers, Nov 19, 2007
  4. Nick Withers

    > ded wrote:
    >> "Nick Withers" <> wrote in message
    >>> This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no
    >>> sound with radio stations on Internet Radio,
    >>> also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
    >>> Thanks for any assistance.

    >> You haven't mentioned what internet radio service or URL's.
    >> but check their sites FAQ/support and I suspect you'll find that
    >> you require RealPlayer for streaming radio.

    > The internet service is on Media Player,,,,Media Guide/Internet
    > Radio/featured station.
    > and streaming sound files are... blah blah blah.asx. RealPlayer plays .ram
    > files.
    > Is there a codec missing?

    OK, you supplied: "Media Guide/Internet Radio/featured station."
    Which produced nothing on a search.
    So I went to:
    http://www.windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Radio
    I followed a link, and chose Virgin Radio streamed:
    http://www.windowsmedia.com/radiotuner/MyRadio.asp
    It attempted to install/allow a pop-up, which I have blocked.
    So I didn't continue.

    You may have pop-ups blocked/security at full tilt/ etc
    You may have to "relax" security settings:
    Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>Security Tab
    Also you may have to temporarily allow pop-ups.
    ded, Nov 19, 2007