    Live sound card.

    Is there a fix for this somewhere?

    Mel
    MelzyWI, Oct 2, 2005

  2. MelzyWI

    docmill Guest

    "MelzyWI" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I'm having a problem. When I play any file in windows media plyer, I
    > get no sound. I checked my speakers they work just fine. If I play
    > music in another player I hear sound. I checked to make sure my
    > speakers were listed in WMP and they are. I've updated my sound
    > drivers, uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail. There is no
    > sound.
    >
    > Computer: 2ghz 1gig ram windows xp professional with sp2. Sound Blaster
    > Live sound card.
    >
    > Is there a fix for this somewhere?
    >
    > Mel

    Uninstall it, run a reg cleaner, and then reinstall it.

    --
    **************SEND ME A LINK******************
    Docmill's "Home Of Hotlinks In the FryingSpam"
    docmill, Oct 2, 2005

  3. MelzyWI

    Unk Guest

    On 1 Oct 2005 18:07:00 -0700, "MelzyWI" <> wrote:

    >I'm having a problem. When I play any file in windows media plyer, I
    >get no sound. I checked my speakers they work just fine. If I play
    >music in another player I hear sound. I checked to make sure my
    >speakers were listed in WMP and they are. I've updated my sound
    >drivers, uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail. There is no
    >sound.
    >
    >Computer: 2ghz 1gig ram windows xp professional with sp2. Sound Blaster
    >Live sound card.
    >
    >Is there a fix for this somewhere?
    >
    >Mel

    Have to ask...

    Is the WMP sound muted? Mute has a speaker with a dot in front of it instead of a smiley.
    Unk, Oct 2, 2005
  4. MelzyWI

    MelzyWI Guest

    I checked and it wasn't muted. I followed the instructions uninstalled
    it and then ran the reg cleaner I had. Reinstalled it and it works now.

    Thanks much for all your help :)

    Mel
    MelzyWI, Oct 2, 2005