    tried playing with different players and have checked the player
    settings. HELP?

    Diana
    Diana, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Diana

    Bratboy Guest

    "Diana" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi. I have an Amilo A series notebook and this has a dvd/cd writer
    > incorporated. When i play my dvds I am getting NO sound. When I play
    > CDs, MP3s any other sound file I DO get sound. I use to be able to
    > watch DVDs with sound but now I am unable to. Is it possible that this
    > could be hardware related when playing CDs is fine? Or is there a
    > setting somewhere that only affects audio for DVDs? I have already
    > tried playing with different players and have checked the player
    > settings. HELP?
    >
    > Diana

    The only thing I could think of is if you somehow got your software set to
    spdif out. Which dvd playing app do you use?
    Bratboy, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Diana

    teem Guest

    You did go into your control panel & check the audio
    settings,right?.On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:59:09 -0700, "Bratboy"

    teem, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Diana

    Goro Guest

    Bratboy wrote:
    > "Diana" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I have an Amilo A series notebook and this has a dvd/cd writer
    > > incorporated. When i play my dvds I am getting NO sound. When I play
    > > CDs, MP3s any other sound file I DO get sound. I use to be able to
    > > watch DVDs with sound but now I am unable to. Is it possible that this
    > > could be hardware related when playing CDs is fine? Or is there a
    > > setting somewhere that only affects audio for DVDs? I have already
    > > tried playing with different players and have checked the player
    > > settings. HELP?
    > >
    > > Diana
    > >

    > The only thing I could think of is if you somehow got your software set to
    > spdif out. Which dvd playing app do you use?

    also check to see if these disc are playing the DTS soundtrack?

    -goro-
    Goro, Jan 14, 2006