    reader and DVD RW DW-U18A works perfectly as a CD reader and writer, neither
    will play sound on DVDs although they will give the pictures. The DVD RW
    will not write either. Any ideas?

    Brian Griffin, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Brian Griffin

    Lil' Dave Guest

    DVD play A/V: PowerDVD (windows)
    DVD write: Nero
    Other hints may follow if you provide OS and its version.

    Lil' Dave, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Hi Lil Dave,
    Windows XP Pro SP1. Gigabyte 8KNXP. SB Audigy 2. I am using Nero 6 at the
    moment. The DVD drives will not play any copyrighted DVDs at all but do play
    other peoples family ones etc. but without the sound.
    Cheers
    Brian

    Brian Griffin, Aug 22, 2004
  4. On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:15:45 +0100, "Brian Griffin"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Lil Dave,
    >Windows XP Pro SP1. Gigabyte 8KNXP. SB Audigy 2. I am using Nero 6 at the
    >moment. The DVD drives will not play any copyrighted DVDs at all but do play
    >other peoples family ones etc. but without the sound.
    >Cheers
    >Brian
    >"Lil' Dave" <> wrote in message
    >> DVD play A/V: PowerDVD (windows)
    >> DVD write: Nero
    >> Other hints may follow if you provide OS and its version.
    >> "Brian Griffin" <> wrote in message
    >> > Although my newly installed Sony DVD Rom DDU1612 works perfectly as a CD
    >> > reader and DVD RW DW-U18A works perfectly as a CD reader and writer,

    >> neither
    >> > will play sound on DVDs although they will give the pictures. The DVD RW
    >> > will not write either. Any ideas?

    You haven't said what you're using to play the DVDs. If you're not
    using a software player such as WinDVD or PowerDVD you may indeed get
    problems like no sound or no picture. You can't depend upon Media
    Player for DVDs. Install a DVD player. As for writing, Nero 6.0.x
    had many bugs including not successfully finishing (or starting) a
    burn. Make sure you have Nero 6.3.0.15 or better.

    ... Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 22, 2004
  5. Brian Griffin

    Robin Banks Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Hi Lil Dave,
    > Windows XP Pro SP1. Gigabyte 8KNXP. SB Audigy 2. I am using Nero 6 at the
    > moment. The DVD drives will not play any copyrighted DVDs at all but do play
    > other peoples family ones etc. but without the sound.

    Are you playing them with the Nero Showtime player? If so, you might not have
    the DVD-Video plug in. No sound is common when that happens.

    ~~R.Banks

    Robin Banks, Aug 23, 2004