No sound Card after installing windowsXP over windowsME

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DeMoN LaG, May 10, 2004.

  1. DeMoN LaG

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Meryl Vowles" <> wrote in

    > I have just installed windowsXP over windowsME now I have no sound
    > card in device manager I updated driver for the sound card it found a
    > driver and installed it but still no sound can any body tell me what
    > is wrong also the sound card is on the motherboard if I bought a sound
    > card that is compatible with windowsXP would it work and would I have
    > to disable the sound card on the motherboard also how would I go about
    > disabling it Can any body help me please Thank you

    A) What does device manager say about your sound card right now?
    B) Are you having problems with the punctuation keys on your keyboard?

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 10, 2004

  2. DeMoN LaG

    Plato Guest

    Meryl Vowles wrote:

    > I have just installed windowsXP over windowsME now I have no sound card in
    > device manager I updated driver for the sound card it found a driver and
    > installed it but still no sound can any body tell me what is wrong also the
    > sound card is on the motherboard if I bought a sound card that is compatible
    > with windowsXP would it work and would I have to disable the sound card on
    > the motherboard also how would I go about disabling it Can any body help me
    > please Thank you

    Well, it may be easiest and cheapest to just get a $15 new sound card
    that will of course come with XP drivers. You can most likely disable
    your old on in the bios.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 11, 2004

  3. DeMoN LaG

    The Prophecy Guest

    Meryl Vowles wrote:
    > I have just installed windowsXP over windowsME now I have no sound
    > card in device manager I updated driver for the sound card it found a
    > driver and installed it but still no sound can any body tell me what
    > is wrong also the sound card is on the motherboard if I bought a
    > sound card that is compatible with windowsXP would it work and would
    > I have to disable the sound card on the motherboard also how would I
    > go about disabling it Can any body help me please Thank you

    It would be less hastle to buy a new $10-$15 sound card. The drivers that
    will come with it will be compatible with XP. Disabling the onboard sound
    can usually be done in the BIOS.

    Meryl Vowles, May 11, 2004
  5. DeMoN LaG

    willah Guest

    I had the same problem with my NICs after installing WinXP, I just
    cracked open the case, pulled them out, and put them back into their
    slots. Works great :D On boot you should get a "found new hardware
    wizard" dialouge box.

    willah, May 12, 2004