    the last 4 seasons have been released around this time..

    Anyone heard anything?

    Thanks.

    PW, Oct 7, 2004

  2. PW

    Tony soprano Guest

    "PW" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've yet to hear an announcement from HBO, but you would think if
    > Season 5 is coming out this year, that they would've already announced
    > it by now, since
    > the last 4 seasons have been released around this time..
    >
    > Anyone heard anything?
    >

    > Thanks.

    My guess is that since season six isn't going to air until March of 2006,
    they aren't rushing to release season 5 on DVD.

    T.
    --
    "Logout, that cookie shit makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

    Tony soprano, Oct 7, 2004

  3. "Tony soprano" <> wrote in message

    > "PW" <> wrote in message
    > > I've yet to hear an announcement from HBO, but you would think if
    > > Season 5 is coming out this year, that they would've already announced
    > > it by now, since
    > > the last 4 seasons have been released around this time..
    > >
    > > Anyone heard anything?
    > >

    > > Thanks.

    > My guess is that since season six isn't going to air until March of 2006,
    > they aren't rushing to release season 5 on DVD.
    >
    > T.
    > --
    > "Logout, that cookie shit makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

    Tony is right. I saw Edie Falco being interviewed on one of those E shows.
    She said they start filming season 6 in May 2005. It will start airing Sept
    2006 (is what I heard). I would have thought they would rush season 5 out
    for xmas 2004; release it later this month or Nov maybe-nah ah. HBO will
    want to hype the coming of season 6 with a dvd box set xmas 2005 release.
    So, in exactly a little over one year Season 5 will be released on dvd.
    David Chase and co. will make us wait till at least Sept-oct 2006 for the
    next season. As many of us are diehard fans I am sure, we should give HBO a
    thumb up their ass for making us wait so long. Could be JG's movie prod
    sched is keeping him too busy to film a year earlier. Wow, we will get to
    see more lame films with him playing some lamo we don't care about. However,
    the Tony Soprano charactor he plays is as good a performance as we have seen
    from any actor in a mob role.

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Oct 8, 2004
  4. I have it on DVD - of course, I have a DVD recorder and recorded it off HBO,
    but still....I have it on DVD.

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 9, 2004