    the comp wont send the signal to the monitor at all what could be the
    problem?

    , Dec 17, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:

    >For the last month my computer had been giving a "no signal to monitor"
    >error after using it for a while, I would usually have to restart my
    >comp and wait 5 minutes and it would work good as new after. But now
    >the comp wont send the signal to the monitor at all what could be the
    >problem?

    First would be to check you cable, lots of monitor cables have a 90
    degree bend in them due to being against a wall - this can break the
    wires inside; moving the cable around can reconnect these wires.

    Second would be to replace the Video card, to see if that fixes it.

    --
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/15/in-defense-of-obsessive-internet-fanboys/

    , Dec 17, 2006

  3. Danechip Guest

    Could also be your video card playing up ?

    Danechip, Dec 18, 2006
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > For the last month my computer had been giving a "no signal to monitor"
    > error after using it for a while, I would usually have to restart my
    > comp and wait 5 minutes and it would work good as new after. But now
    > the comp wont send the signal to the monitor at all what could be the
    > problem?

    Loose cable?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 18, 2006
  5. Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > For the last month my computer had been giving a "no signal to monitor"
    > > error after using it for a while, I would usually have to restart my
    > > comp and wait 5 minutes and it would work good as new after. But now
    > > the comp wont send the signal to the monitor at all what could be the
    > > problem?

    > Loose cable?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Tested the monitor on a different comp it works perfectly.

    The hardrive does start up I beleive( i can feel a spin like shaking).
    Ive reseated the video card video card fan is also working.

    When i say power supply I dont mean the wall, I mean the power supply
    within the computer I read somewhere that if it doesnt have sufficient
    power the cpu and other parts wont even send the signal.

    As well as this happened to the same comp about a month ago we had to
    replace the mobo, cpu and power supply I was thinking that maybe the
    cpu and mobo were fine and just the power supply had messed up.

    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=48&threadID=196018&messageID=2033520

    Did a little research, can anyone coincide that this is the problem or
    is with what I just told you definitly not the problem?

    , Dec 18, 2006
  6. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Tested the monitor on a different comp it works perfectly.
    >
    > The hardrive does start up I beleive( i can feel a spin like shaking).
    > Ive reseated the video card video card fan is also working.
    >
    > When i say power supply I dont mean the wall, I mean the power supply
    > within the computer I read somewhere that if it doesnt have sufficient
    > power the cpu and other parts wont even send the signal.
    >
    > As well as this happened to the same comp about a month ago we had to
    > replace the mobo, cpu and power supply I was thinking that maybe the
    > cpu and mobo were fine and just the power supply had messed up.
    >

    > http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=48&threadID=196018&messag
    > eID=2033520
    >
    > Did a little research, can anyone coincide that this is the problem or
    > is with what I just told you definitly not the problem?

    Still no sign that this guy has even looked at the cable or connection,
    or even if the problem has recurred since he reconnected the monitor.
    I wonder if he is seeing these replies.

    Mitch, Dec 19, 2006
  7. J-McC Guest

    Have you checked if the computer speaker beeps when you turn it on.
    If you get 3 beeps it normally means there is no video card, or
    perhaps the on board video is disabled.

    When you start the computer try and enter the cmos by pressing 'esc'
    or whatever key you need to enter the bios, if you can see a display
    on the monitor then check and see if the on board video is disabled.
    It will be in one of the options.
    I assume you have checked for bent pins on the monitor connector, they
    bend very easily!, they also break easily so if you have bent one be
    very carefull straightening it/them. If as you say you have had it
    working on another computer then the monitor and connector will be ok.
    Good luck. It should be something simple.
    J McC

    J-McC, Dec 19, 2006
  8. Mr User Guest

    wrote:
    > Plato wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> For the last month my computer had been giving a "no signal to monitor"
    >>> error after using it for a while, I would usually have to restart my
    >>> comp and wait 5 minutes and it would work good as new after. But now
    >>> the comp wont send the signal to the monitor at all what could be the
    >>> problem?

    >> Loose cable?
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/

    > Tested the monitor on a different comp it works perfectly.

    Did you then move the other monitor to the *wonky* computer and test?

    Mr User, Dec 19, 2006
  9. Guest

    Mr User wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Plato wrote:
    > >> Loose cable?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> http://www.bootdisk.com/

    > > Tested the monitor on a different comp it works perfectly.

    > Did you then move the other monitor to the *wonky* computer and test?

    No moved monitor to another comp. Then tried monitor to other comp yes
    still doesnt work.

    , Dec 20, 2006