    The laptops were previously able to connect with no problems. They are
    bothing running Win XP with SP2

    I don't want to waste the clients time experimenting... Any ideas?

    Marc Everlove, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Incidentally, there are about 10 computers on this DLink Router. Could it
    possibly be a bandwidth issue? I was thinking the RF would still show up.

    Regardless, my laptop finds it even after the others can't.

    I was also wondering where I could find the checkbox that says: Allow
    computer to log onto unsecured networks...

    Anybody?

    Thanks in advance,
    Marc Everlove MCSE/MCDBA

    "Marc Everlove" <> wrote in message
    > I have a client with a wireless network (Dlink G band Router) and two of

    the
    > laptops on my network will not pick it up. They show no signal strength

    even
    > when they are within 5 feet of the router. I have no problem connecting on
    > other laptops including my own (wep is disabled and there is no security
    > enabled at this point.) but it doesn't even see the network. If I look at

    > list of available nets I can see it and another one (must be next door)

    but

    Marc Everlove, Nov 18, 2004

  3. This is typical behavior when the radio is disabled.
    Be sure to turn the radio ON - there can be a switch on a laptop, or a
    software control like hotkey or Intel Proset utility.

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Nov 21, 2004