    Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
    Diana
    , Jul 18, 2004

  2. Michael-NC Guest

    Spyware is likely.

    Download Spybot.

    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html

    Michael-NC, Jul 18, 2004

  3. ProfGene Guest

    Nothing should cause that to happen but try MSN search and Lycos search
    which might or might not be Webcrawler search. See if these alternatives
    work to find out if for some reason you don't have any means to search but I
    really never heard of the search engines being turned off for one computer.
    ProfGene, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:46:20 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    <> wrote:

    >Spyware is likely.
    >
    >Download Spybot.
    >
    >http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
    >> Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
    >> Diana

    Thanks to you and the Prof. I will have a look at Spybot. It all came
    right after I switched off (no choice really) and then back on again.
    Also, lately, I keep being told a page I am looking for is not
    available or has errors and ' do I wish to continue etc'.
    All very frustrating.
    Diana

    , Jul 20, 2004
  5. Stuart Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:46:20 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Spyware is likely.
    >>
    >>Download Spybot.
    >>
    >>http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    >>
    >><> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
    >>>Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
    >>>Diana

    > Thanks to you and the Prof. I will have a look at Spybot. It all came
    > right after I switched off (no choice really) and then back on again.
    > Also, lately, I keep being told a page I am looking for is not
    > available or has errors and ' do I wish to continue etc'.
    > All very frustrating.
    > Diana

    Definitely sounds like spyware, also download spywareblaster and bazooka
    as well. Spywareblaster will stop further spyware getting onto your
    machine, also bazooka can find things that spybot doesn't.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jul 22, 2004