No ringback in VoIP call

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ramon F Herrera, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. I have an AS-5300 which receives calls though a POTS PRI and sends them
    out as VoIP to my SIP home phone (see config below). The problem is
    that the caller doesn't get to hear any ringbacks as the call proceeds.
    I, on the other hand, hear my SIP phone ringing loud and clear.

    In the past, I solved a very similar problem by adding this line to the
    corresponding dial peer:

    progress_ind alert enable 8

    but that was a pots dial peer. The trick doesn't seem to work with a
    voip dial peer.

    Any tips are much appreciated.

    -Ramon F Herrera

    dial-peer voice 7224 voip
    destination-pattern ^684485$
    session protocol sipv2
    session target ipv4:24.147.123.5:5060
    session transport udp
    dtmf-relay rtp-nte
    codec g711ulaw

    Ramon F Herrera, Aug 2, 2005

  2. I found a solution. Just add this to the vopi dial peer:

    tone ringback alert-no-PI

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Aug 2, 2005