    to restore Windows Millenium. The computer is an older model which will be
    replaced in several months. Is there any way to restore Windows in the event
    of a meltdown? thank you
    Newton Lightfoot, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Newton Lightfoot

    philo Guest

    "Newton Lightfoot" <> wrote in message
    news:mfpUd.293789$...
    > My friend bought a second hand computer from someone who did not have a

    disk
    > to restore Windows Millenium. The computer is an older model which will be
    > replaced in several months. Is there any way to restore Windows in the

    event
    > of a meltdown? thank you

    you'd need the restore cd or another windows cd
    but more than likely the machine will last for another few months
    philo, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Newton Lightfoot

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:32:34 GMT, Newton Lightfoot wrote:

    >My friend bought a second hand computer from someone who did not have a disk
    >to restore Windows Millenium. The computer is an older model which will be
    >replaced in several months. Is there any way to restore Windows in the event
    >of a meltdown? thank you

    If it's working as is, and it has a CD writer you could look at Norton
    Ghost. NG takes an image of the hardisk.

    http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

    Me
    why?, Feb 27, 2005
  4. Newton Lightfoot

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:32:34 GMT, Newton Lightfoot wrote:
    >
    >>My friend bought a second hand computer from someone who did not have a
    >>disk
    >>to restore Windows Millenium. The computer is an older model which will be
    >>replaced in several months. Is there any way to restore Windows in the
    >>event
    >>of a meltdown? thank you

    > If it's working as is, and it has a CD writer you could look at Norton
    > Ghost. NG takes an image of the hardisk.
    >
    > http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

    Excellent for that! I'd do it twice. Once as it is, then I'd spend a bunch
    of time really deep-cleaning, then run it again.
    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Newton Lightfoot

    Plato Guest

    Newton Lightfoot wrote:

    > My friend bought a second hand computer from someone who did not have a disk
    > to restore Windows Millenium. The computer is an older model which will be
    > replaced in several months. Is there any way to restore Windows in the event
    > of a meltdown? thank you

    One can always, and its recommened to own, the cd for whatever OS you
    want to continue to use on the pc.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 28, 2005