    I'm talking about the URLS that show up in the space where I type in
    URLS to go to. Is there anyway to get rid of that nonsense, or do I
    now have to change browsers to one with more privacy?
    kt@kt .com, Jul 7, 2008

  2. kt@kt .com

    kt@kt .com Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:08:45 -0500, kt@kt .com wrote:

    >This new update of Firefox keeps a running account of sites I have
    >visited, even when I use the Options to clear private info.
    >
    >I'm talking about the URLS that show up in the space where I type in
    >URLS to go to. Is there anyway to get rid of that nonsense, or do I
    >now have to change browsers to one with more privacy?

    I now notice that it is showing my own bookmarks that begin with
    whatever letters I type into the search box. I guess that's okay, but
    bothersome.
    kt@kt .com, Jul 7, 2008

  3. kt@kt .com

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:08:45 -0500, kt@kt .com wrote:

    > I'm talking about the URLS that show up in the space where I type in
    > URLS to go to. Is there anyway to get rid of that nonsense, or do I
    > now have to change browsers to one with more privacy?

    All browsers do that. All you have to do is clear the history and
    they'll go. It's only on your computer - or are you visiting sites
    that you'd rather other members of your family didn't know about? ;))

    Personally I find it very useful because I use it as an additional
    personal toolbar for regularly used sites :))
    Charani, Jul 8, 2008
  4. kt@kt .com

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:29:45 -0500, kt@kt .com wrote:

    > I now notice that it is showing my own bookmarks that begin with
    > whatever letters I type into the search box. I guess that's okay, but
    > bothersome.

    That's the auto complete feature. You should be able to turn that
    off.
    Charani, Jul 8, 2008
  5. kt@kt .com

    Bob Guest

    Charani wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:29:45 -0500, kt@kt .com wrote:
    >
    >> I now notice that it is showing my own bookmarks that begin with
    >> whatever letters I type into the search box. I guess that's okay, but
    >> bothersome.

    > That's the auto complete feature. You should be able to turn that
    > off.

    Have a look here
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=13582&pn=6
    some of the other pages have more tweaks/hacks for FF3

    --
    Bob
    Bob, Jul 8, 2008
  6. kt@kt .com

    kt@kt Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:26:12 +0100, Charani <SGBNOSPAM@
    mail2genes.invalid> wrote:

    >On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:29:45 -0500, kt@kt .com wrote:
    >
    >> I now notice that it is showing my own bookmarks that begin with
    >> whatever letters I type into the search box. I guess that's okay, but
    >> bothersome.

    >That's the auto complete feature. You should be able to turn that
    >off.

    I HATE auto complete in any form.

    Now I find that when I go to save a bookmark that my bookmarks folders
    are all helter skelter, in no order whatsoever. Yes, I did have them
    arranged A > Z beforehand. I've had it with this damn update from
    hell. I'm going back to 2.x.

    Jeesh! I just love it when they "improve" software.
    kt@kt, Jul 8, 2008
  7. kt@kt .com

    kt@kt Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:41:25 -0500, kt@kt wrote:

    >On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:26:12 +0100, Charani <SGBNOSPAM@
    >mail2genes.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:29:45 -0500, kt@kt .com wrote:
    >>
    >>> I now notice that it is showing my own bookmarks that begin with
    >>> whatever letters I type into the search box. I guess that's okay, but
    >>> bothersome.

    >>That's the auto complete feature. You should be able to turn that
    >>off.

    >I HATE auto complete in any form.
    >
    >Now I find that when I go to save a bookmark that my bookmarks folders
    >are all helter skelter, in no order whatsoever. Yes, I did have them
    >arranged A > Z beforehand. I've had it with this damn update from
    >hell. I'm going back to 2.x.
    >
    >Jeesh! I just love it when they "improve" software.

    Problem fixed! I'm back to 2.0.0.14. I always knew that if there
    were one thing that someday would stop me from using Firefox it would
    be their ridiculous bookmark system. I was right!
    kt@kt, Jul 8, 2008
  8. Ben wrote:
    > Thanks Bob, for the link to the pcadvisor. I finally got my URL bar
    > straightened out using the plugins suggested. Now, if there was only a way
    > to get rid of that pesky, unsightly gold star...........

    the 'pesky' gold star is an indication that its a
    bookmarked item.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 8, 2008