    But, the hardest test I have taken has been from the microsoft assesment
    website. the best score I had so far has been a 64%
    I need guidance. should I have some prior experince or is this ok.

    Jorge, Aug 19, 2006

  2. Jorge

    Cerebrus Guest

    Jorge wrote:

    > should I have some prior experince or is this ok.

    IMHO, Not a strict requirement if you've learnt, understood and
    practiced the concepts well.

    Cerebrus, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Jorge

    Jorge Guest

    "Cerebrus" wrote:

    > Jorge wrote:
    >
    > > should I have some prior experince or is this ok.

    > IMHO, Not a strict requirement if you've learnt, understood and
    > practiced the concepts well.

    OOP?
    Framework?
    Syntax?

    what do you think?

    Jorge, Aug 19, 2006
  4. Jorge

    Cerebrus Guest

    Jorge wrote:

    > "Cerebrus" wrote:

    > OOP?
    > Framework?
    > Syntax?
    >
    > what do you think?

    Kindly clarify your question.

    Cerebrus, Aug 19, 2006
  5. Jorge

    Jorge Guest

    "Cerebrus" wrote:

    > Jorge wrote:
    >
    > > "Cerebrus" wrote:

    > > OOP?
    > > Framework?
    > > Syntax?
    > >
    > > what do you think?

    > Kindly clarify your question.

    you said to understand the concept.
    Do you mean concepts like

    Object Oriented Programming?
    The .Net Framework? or
    The Syntax?

    Jorge, Aug 20, 2006
  6. Jorge

    Cerebrus Guest

    > you said to understand the concept.
    > Do you mean concepts like
    >
    > Object Oriented Programming?
    > The .Net Framework? or
    > The Syntax?

    I don't think OOP concepts are tested on the exams. The last 2, I would
    say, yes. But there's much more to it. The Preparation guide at the MS
    site gives you a pretty good idea.

    For each topic ask yourself the questions - What, When, Why.

    Cerebrus, Aug 20, 2006
  7. Jorge

    Guest

    > For each topic ask yourself the questions - What, When, Why.

    My favourite is: How, When, Why

    How do we eat - struggling to get going
    (we have no good AJAX framework. No we haven't)

    When do we eat - mastering a skill includes knowing when to use it and
    when not to
    (if you choose to learn IL, don't write in IL, you will not beat the
    C++ optimizer in the next version of the framework)

    Why do we eat - understand your outcome
    (when I don't understand how to use a product instinctively, the
    producers have failed to understand me)

    53

    , Aug 20, 2006
  8. Jorge

    Thor Guest

    <spammed_gorm.spæmmed.mail@gmæil.com_for_the_rest_of_my_life> wrote in
    message

    Thank you, thank you.

    Thank you new version of newsreader to be unable to post.
    When you (you know who you are) release update of newsreader, please test if
    able to post to newsgroups before distributing (nice feature).

    Thank you g-something for no longer automatically scrambling my email when
    posting from your site.

    Any suggestion when it comes to where getting a new utility mail account?

    One should think I had "NO Prior Experience".
    Thanks again, m-something and g-something
    53/Thor

    Thor, Aug 20, 2006
  9. Sept. 1, 2006

    Yes, it is possible to pass the exams without previous experience...
    however, it will probably require quite a few more books than those only in
    the .Net MS Press bundle.

    I roughly needed 4 books per exam with around 3-4 months study time per
    exam.... wasn't easy but I definitely remembered the concepts and examples.

    I prefered to read the MS Press training kits after I read other books on
    the topic... as the training kits are written specific to the exams, and
    therefore cover basically all the small details you will need to know, which
    you'd probably forget if you read it first.... and it doesn't mean the
    Training Kits had more concepts, just had very small details which are a
    little out of touch from reality in the sense of a developer not really
    needing to know them.

    Good luck!
    --
    Joseph Bittman