    would be using the start-up boot diskette created by Windows 98SE 4.10.222
    Any help would be appreciated.
    M. Matassa
    Maurice Matassa, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Maurice Matassa

    °Mike° Guest

    The drive letters will be bumped, but you can use a third party utility
    such as Letter Assigner.
    http://www.v72735.f2s.com/LetAssig/

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:08:27 -0400, in
    <2zt4b.5346$>
    Maurice Matassa scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Maurice Matassa

    doS Guest

    Unless the OP has XP...

    doS, Aug 31, 2003
  4. On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:08:27 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Maurice Matassa in message

    > I just bought a 120 GB Western Digital HDD. I intend to install it as a
    > slave, but I would like to keep the drive designation I have on my
    > master drive (also a 120 GB Western Digital drive).
    > I have been told that if I create a primary partition using FDISK on the
    > new drive, my D partition on my old drive will be taken by the new drive
    > and all my logical drive designations on the old drive will be pushed
    > down by one letter, which I would like to avoid.
    > Is it possible to partition the new drive without disturbing the old
    > drive designations?
    > The FDISK.EXE file I would be using is 63kB large and is dated 4/23/99.
    > I would be using the start-up boot diskette created by Windows 98SE
    > 4.10.222 Any help would be appreciated.
    > M. Matassa

    Configure the new drive as an Extended DOS partition, assign however many
    logical drives within the partition you want. It will show as E,F, etc.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2026
    The Old Sourdough, Aug 31, 2003
  5. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:,
    doS <> typed
    || Unless the OP has XP...

    If this is the case there is no need for any third party apps. The drive
    letters can be assigned from within XP. Simple In fact the partitions can be
    created from within XP as well, so no need for Fdisk either.

    || "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    ||| The drive letters will be bumped, but you can use a third party
    ||| utility such as Letter Assigner.
    ||| http://www.v72735.f2s.com/LetAssig/
    ||| On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:08:27 -0400, in
    ||| <2zt4b.5346$>
    ||| Maurice Matassa scrawled:
    || new
    || all
    || drive
    || 4.10.222
    ||| --
    ||| Basic computer maintenance
    ||| http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.
    Robert de Brus, Sep 1, 2003