    "no preview" and "Properties" showed they were normal JPEG files. The
    pictures are being created with a Nikon D70 and are around 2M in size.
    Any ideas?

    Aldo Pignotti, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Aldo Pignotti

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Aldo Pignotti wrote:

    > I'm having trouble viewing my pictures on some computers and I can't
    > figure out why. I've burned a cd using Nero on my home computer (Home
    > XP). I can view the pictures fine on my other home computer and at
    > work, I can copy the files from the cd to a UNIX machine and view the
    > pictures so I know the pictures aren't corrupt on the CD. I use FTP
    > to copy the pictures to my work computer and I can't view them. I
    > just get the message "no Preview". The files seem fine and
    > "Properties" show that they are JPEG type files. Also, I tried to
    > view the pictures directly from the CD on my parents computer running
    > Xp Pro and couldn't view them. Again, I just got the error message
    > "no preview" and "Properties" showed they were normal JPEG files. The
    > pictures are being created with a Nikon D70 and are around 2M in size.
    > Any ideas?

    Couple of questions...

    What software do you use to view the images ?

    More importantly.....

    What software are you using to FTP the images.

    Is the FTP software set to transfer in binary mode or
    ASCII mode ?

    If it's sending the image as an ASCII text file, then it
    will be terribly corrupt.

    Most graphical FTP software has an auto setting.. That allows
    it to determine what type of file is being sent and to choose
    the correct transfer method. Check your settings.

    Jim Townsend, Sep 8, 2004

  3. "Aldo Pignotti" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having trouble viewing my pictures on some computers and I can't
    > figure out why. I've burned a cd using Nero on my home computer (Home
    > XP). I can view the pictures fine on my other home computer and at
    > work, I can copy the files from the cd to a UNIX machine and view the
    > pictures so I know the pictures aren't corrupt on the CD. I use FTP
    > to copy the pictures to my work computer and I can't view them. I
    > just get the message "no Preview". The files seem fine and
    > "Properties" show that they are JPEG type files. Also, I tried to
    > view the pictures directly from the CD on my parents computer running
    > Xp Pro and couldn't view them. Again, I just got the error message
    > "no preview" and "Properties" showed they were normal JPEG files. The
    > pictures are being created with a Nikon D70 and are around 2M in size.
    > Any ideas?

    --------------

    Go to the NERO website and download the Nero updates that specifically adapt
    NERO to the Win XP SP2 environment. 4 packages are available since [latest
    release] 13 July 2004 for that purpose [ca 70 Mb in total]. You may be
    getting conflicts between Nero and XP in writing the disk but are not seeing
    on-screen flags.

    http://www.ahead.de/en/nero-up.php

    The errors between XP and NERO have been noted by Micors**t since SP2 was in
    beta testing (along with other 3rd party software conflicts). Some software
    simply stops working and some has altered behaviour - including some FTP
    software as well as NERO. For troubleshooting...

    software that stops working:

    and software with altered functionality:

    Journalist

    Journalist-North, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Aldo Pignotti

    Gadgets Guest

    Save preview is an option you can turn off in PS, not sure about in D70 too,
    but maybe...

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Sep 9, 2004