    think it's the motherboard cause it would still get a power flow of some
    sort. Even tried a new power cable.............. so....... what do you out
    there think.

    Chuck S, Jul 23, 2003

  2. > I have a computer I was gonna try to fix .
    > They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No power
    > ............ it's as if it is not even plugged up. Hit the power button and
    > you get nothing. I put an old power supply on it and still nothing. Don't
    > think it's the motherboard cause it would still get a power flow of some
    > sort. Even tried a new power cable.............. so....... what do you out
    > there think.

    The first thing might be to check if the power outlet to which the
    computer is connected is functioning. It's possible that there was an
    overload that tripped a safety system like the main circuit breakers or
    the ground fault interrupters (GFI) on certain electrical outlets.

    Alexander Rogge, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Chuck S

    Chuck S Guest

    It has been tried on more than one outlet.

    Chuck S, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Chuck S

    Unknown Guest

    Bad connection from the power switch to the power supply.

    Unknown, Jul 24, 2003
  5. > It has been tried on more than one outlet.

    >>>I have a computer I was gonna try to fix .
    >>>They said it just locked up one day. That restarted it and nothing. No
    >>>power

    >>The first thing might be to check if the power outlet to which the
    >>computer is connected is functioning.

    Is the power switch on the power supply itself turned on?

    Alexander Rogge, Jul 24, 2003