    2. It seems that the html-codes are written in Word.
    3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    Jan Verburgt
    J.Verburgt, Aug 22, 2007

  2. J.Verburgt wrote:

    > Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.

    > For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    > possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.

    Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    > Other remarks:
    > 1. With firefox the pictures are shown.
    > 2. It seems that the html-codes are written in Word.

    "Written" is not the word I would choose.

    > 3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    Start here:
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikenindonesie.nl%2F>
    "Failed validation, 364 Errors"

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 22, 2007

  3. J.Verburgt

    J.Verburgt Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:13:26 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >J.Verburgt wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    >Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.

    Definetly not.

    >> For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >> possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.

    >Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    >Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    I agree

    >> Other remarks:
    >> 1. With firefox the pictures are shown.
    >> 2. It seems that the html-codes are written in Word.

    >"Written" is not the word I would choose.
    >
    >> 3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    >Start here:
    ><http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikenindonesie.nl%2F>
    >"Failed validation, 364 Errors"
    >
    >--
    > -bts

    The problem is not solved yet. Some pc's could 'read the site, some
    do'nt.

    Jan Verburgt
    J.Verburgt, Aug 22, 2007
  4. J.Verburgt

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:00:11 GMT, J.Verburgt wrote:

    >Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    Not if you continue to use MS Word 9 to generate pages. Looks like 95%
    of the source code is simly not needed, duplicated and simply horrible
    to see what's going on.

    >For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.

    Ok you don't see the pictures, do you see the picture place holders ,
    blanks where the pictures are or no gaps where the pictures should be?

    >Other remarks:
    >1. With firefox the pictures are shown.

    A security issue in IE?

    >2. It seems that the html-codes are written in Word.

    Not written, and yes it is don't know why.

    >3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    Hmmmm..., not the same :)

    Pictures on another domain maybe that stopped by a site blocker,
    untrusted zones.

    If you right click on the pictures and check the properties do the file
    locations look okay and is it the same as FF thinks the images are
    located at.

    >Jan Verburgt

    Me
    why?, Aug 22, 2007
  5. J.Verburgt

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:13:26 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >J.Verburgt wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    >Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.
    >
    >> For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >> possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.

    <snip>

    >> 3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    >Start here:
    ><http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikenindonesie.nl%2F>
    >"Failed validation, 364 Errors"

    Another one :) and it's really bad this time LOL.

    Maybe IE7 is randomly too smart to render MS Office documents correctly.

    Me
    why?, Aug 22, 2007
  6. J.Verburgt wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> J.Verburgt wrote:
    >>> Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    >> Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.

    > Definetly not.

    <whew!>

    >>> For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >>> possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office
    >>> XP.

    >> Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    >> Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    > I agree

    <whew!>

    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

    Doesn't Forte Agent snip signatures?

    > The problem is not solved yet. Some pc's could 'read the site, some
    > do'nt.

    I've looked at the page with several browsers, including IE6 (no 7
    here), Firefox 2.0.0.6, SeaMonkey, Safari, Opera, even OffByOne ... and
    all show the images. Windows 2000 Pro, and Ubuntu 6.06.

    The images are all on the same server.

    It seems this is a problem local to you. Any chance you have selected
    "Block images from [site]"

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 22, 2007
  7. J.Verburgt

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:56:09 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >J.Verburgt wrote:

    >>> Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.

    >> Definetly not.

    ><whew!>

    >>> Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    >>> Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    >> I agree

    ><whew!>
    >
    >>> --
    >>> -bts
    >>> -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

    >Doesn't Forte Agent snip signatures?

    It does, see :) below. Oh right it's not there.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Aug 22, 2007
  8. J.Verburgt

    J.Verburgt Guest

    wrote:

    >Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:
    >
    >For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.
    >Other remarks:
    >1. With firefox the pictures are shown.
    >2. It seems that the html-codes are written in Word.
    >3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.
    >
    >Jan Verburgt

    Problem solved, by uninstall and reinstall ie7. The only thing I can
    tell for the pc's who have the same problem ie7 was installed shortly
    after the announcment of the new version. Bug?
    So, indeed it was a local problem.
    Thanks for everyone who responded, even thru email.

    Regards.

    Jan Verburgt
    Fortran Start Page - http://fortran.domeintje.net/
    J.Verburgt, Aug 22, 2007
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > J.Verburgt wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    > Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.
    >
    >> For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >> possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.

    > Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    > Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    Just for the record, Beau, what are the first two? :)

    >> Other remarks:
    >> 1. With firefox the pictures are shown.
    >> 2. It seems that the html-codes are written in Word.

    > "Written" is not the word I would choose.

    "Mangled"?

    >> 3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    > Start here:
    ><http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikenindonesie.nl%2F>
    > "Failed validation, 364 Errors"

    Yikes. Oh. Right. MS.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 22, 2007
  10. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > I've looked at the page with several browsers, including IE6 (no 7
    > here), Firefox 2.0.0.6, SeaMonkey, Safari, Opera, even OffByOne ... and
    > all show the images. Windows 2000 Pro, and Ubuntu 6.06.

    And links-graphic, too. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  11. why? wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:13:26 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >>J.Verburgt wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone help me, please, with this problem:

    >>Is this your site? I'll try, but you won't like it.
    >>
    >>> For some websites (e.g. http://www.ikenindonesie.nl/) it is not
    >>> possible to see the pictues. I'm using ie7 and Microsoft Office XP.

    ><snip>
    >
    >>> 3. Some pc's with the 'same' installation has different results.

    >>Start here:
    >><http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikenindonesie.nl%2F>
    >>"Failed validation, 364 Errors"

    > Another one :) and it's really bad this time LOL.
    >
    > Maybe IE7 is randomly too smart to render MS Office documents correctly.

    I'm not convinced that even on a random basis one can impute "too smart"
    to IE. :)

    I started to write "Internet Excreter", but that would refer to MS'
    *authoring* software.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  12. J.Verburgt

    Mara Guest

    On 22 Aug 2007 23:20:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >why? wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Maybe IE7 is randomly too smart to render MS Office documents correctly.

    >I'm not convinced that even on a random basis one can impute "too smart"
    >to IE. :)
    >
    >I started to write "Internet Excreter", but that would refer to MS'
    >*authoring* software.

    Wouldn't "Internet Excreter" be FrontPage?

    --
    "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth
    and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for
    Mara, Aug 23, 2007
  13. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    >> Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    > Just for the record, Beau, what are the first two? :)

    4. Microsoft FrontPage
    3. Microsoft Word
    2. Microsoft Excel
    1. Microsoft Publisher

    Adobe PageMill and Broderbund PrintShop are also candidates to stick in
    this list somewhere, but aren't in wide usage anymore.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 23, 2007
  14. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    >>> Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    >> Just for the record, Beau, what are the first two? :)

    > 4. Microsoft FrontPage
    > 3. Microsoft Word
    > 2. Microsoft Excel
    > 1. Microsoft Publisher

    Thanks. I always enjoy seeing that. :)

    > Adobe PageMill and Broderbund PrintShop are also candidates to stick in
    > this list somewhere, but aren't in wide usage anymore.

    Sounds like good news to me.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  15. Mara wrote:
    > On 22 Aug 2007 23:20:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>why? wrote:

    ><snip>
    >
    >>> Maybe IE7 is randomly too smart to render MS Office documents
    >>> correctly.

    >>I'm not convinced that even on a random basis one can impute "too
    >>smart" to IE. :)
    >>
    >>I started to write "Internet Excreter", but that would refer to MS'
    >>*authoring* software.

    > Wouldn't "Internet Excreter" be FrontPage?

    Wouldn't that be in the category I just defined as Internet Excreters --
    "MS' authoring software"?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  16. J.Verburgt

    Plato Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    > Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    I'm guessing FrontPage is the worst :)

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 23, 2007
  17. Plato wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >> Big mistake. Word is the third-worst web page editor you could use.
    >> Word creates a lot of IE-specific code.

    > I'm guessing FrontPage is the worst :)

    Actually, no, it isn't. Pages created with Publisher 2000 and newer are
    far worse, code-wise.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 23, 2007
  18. J.Verburgt

    Mara Guest

    On 23 Aug 2007 00:35:58 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >> On 22 Aug 2007 23:20:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>why? wrote:

    >><snip>

    >>>I'm not convinced that even on a random basis one can impute "too
    >>>smart" to IE. :)
    >>>
    >>>I started to write "Internet Excreter", but that would refer to MS'
    >>>*authoring* software.

    >> Wouldn't "Internet Excreter" be FrontPage?

    >Wouldn't that be in the category I just defined as Internet Excreters --
    >"MS' authoring software"?

    That would depend on whether you call the sewage that comes out of it as
    something that's "authored." Personally, I think "spawned" might be closer.

    Mara, Aug 23, 2007
  19. J.Verburgt

    why? Guest

    On 22 Aug 2007 23:20:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >why? wrote:

    <snip>

    >>>Start here:
    >>><http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikenindonesie.nl%2F>
    >>>"Failed validation, 364 Errors"

    >> Another one :) and it's really bad this time LOL.
    >>
    >> Maybe IE7 is randomly too smart to render MS Office documents correctly.

    >I'm not convinced that even on a random basis one can impute "too smart"
    >to IE. :)

    No, maybe not <grin>.

    >I started to write "Internet Excreter", but that would refer to MS'
    >*authoring* software.

    LOL, that's a good one.

    Me
    why?, Aug 23, 2007
  20. why? wrote:

    > On 22 Aug 2007 23:20:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>why? wrote:

    ><snip>

    >>> Another one :) and it's really bad this time LOL.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe IE7 is randomly too smart to render MS Office documents
    >>> correctly.

    >>I'm not convinced that even on a random basis one can impute "too
    >>smart" to IE. :)

    > No, maybe not <grin>.
    >
    >>I started to write "Internet Excreter", but that would refer to MS'
    >>*authoring* software.

    > LOL, that's a good one.

    I think I may start referring to the MS HTML creators with "(a.k.a.
    WebPage Excreter") :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007